Chapter 4

By the time we get home, it's past eight in the morning. I turn to Grant before I get out of the car, "I'll come to see you. I have something to do first."

He searches my eyes and nods. "I'll have Hunter take me back to pick up my car at the gym. We'll be right back."

I jump out of the car and head inside. The guys are waiting for me in the living room and I'm surprised to see Deke here this early.

"Deke, can you help me with something?" I ask and he steps forward. The rest of the guys stay close. I take a deep breath, "I'm fine. Go about your morning."

"How can I help you?" Deke asks, as the guys move toward the kitchen.

"I need you to find me a big box. Two if they're smaller. The size of a moving box. I need them here as soon as possible." I look up to my room.

I want everything Lincoln has ever touched out of my house.

"I'll have them here." He promises and picks up his phone as I head up the stairs.

I throw open my door and head to my closet. I grab everything of his I can find. He has some shirts he's left here in the past. I grab everything I can carry and throw it over the stairs into the open living room down below.

I go back to my room and look around. I grab stuffed bears, jewelry, gifts that he's given me and throw them over. "Asshole!" I yell to Lincoln who isn't here but it's what I would be screaming if he was. "You stupid, son of a bitch!"

I grab my comforter and pillowcases. He slept on these the last time he was here. I grab pictures off my wall and from my vanity to throw over too. I'm feeling better as I throw his things and curse at the top of my lungs. I search and search for anything to do with him in my room. I'm making a mess but I can feel my rage burning and it's making me feel so much better.

I lose track of time and finally, when I'm satisfied with my room, I fall on my bed. I don't think there's anything left here that reminds me of Lincoln.

"Skye!" I hear someone yell and my heart starts pounding. It's Lincoln.

~~~~~*********~~~~~

I come into the back house and find all the guys crammed into our little living room. I look to each other their faces and frown. They're never here. They're always in the main house. Something is up. "Why are you all in here?" I ask.

"Skye's on a rampage." Trip answers me. "Baby girl is cursing up a storm."

"And tossing everything of Lincoln's out of her room," Mack adds. "We thought it best to give her some space."

"What happened?" Robbie asks me and Hunter.

My phone rings and I see it's the phone call I've been expecting for days. "Hartley?"  I answer.

"Hey, Ward. I'm sorry I missed your call."