Chapter 20

When Izuku entered the living room, his breath hitched. All his friends were surrounded by Todoroki's men, all with very big guns. They were so screwed.

Izuku knew that no matter what happened tonight, he'd probably never see Katsuki again. With that thought in mind, he rushed over to him, hugging him tightly, but being careful of the side where he was shot.

"I told you to stay upstairs." Katsuki hissed at him, quickly shifting him so he was behind the blond.

"Where's the fun in that?" Todoroki asked, stepping out from behind the line of men and making both Katsuki and Izuku stiffen.

Izuku wormed his way past Katsuki, so he was using his body as a shield now. "Please just leave." He said, hoping that the man he once loved would have some sort of humanity left.

"Oh c'mon Izu, you don't mean that." Todoroki said with a faint smirk on his face as he looked at the nearly shaking green haired male.

"What happened to you?" Izuku asked in slight disbelief.

Todoroki rolled his eyes, already expecting the 'morality' talk. "Whatever could you mean?" He asked sarcastically.

"When did you become so goddamn sadistic? Where do you get off on fucking with my life constantly?" Izuku hissed at him, getting fed up with the crazy ex. Even after Todoroki broke it off, he wouldn't let him go.

"Big talk coming from you." Todoroki shot back, his eyes narrowed. "Just get your ass over here and maybe I'll keep Shinsou on his leash."

"I'm not a damn dog." Shinsou muttered to himself. The guy next to him just shot him a 'really?' look. "Fuck off." He said with a groan.

Izuku completely stiffened at the threat.

"Don't you fucking dare." Katsuki said behind him, his grip on Izuku's wrist tightening.

The green haired male turned back, tears in his eyes. Why were there always tears? Why was he always crying? "I'm sorry, Kacchan. I'm really, really sorry." He whispered, trying to pull his arm away from the blond.

"It was you, wasn't it?" Jirou asked from next to them, her expression unreadable. It almost looked calm.

Izuku didn't respond, but dropped his head. That was all the confirmation they needed. Izuku Midoriya had sold them out to Todoroki.

Katsuki, who had been gripping onto hope with a vice like grip, felt himself shatter at that information. He hadn't wanted to believe the painfully obvious, but there was no denying it anymore.

He let Izuku go.

The ashamed greenette made his way across the small divide and over to Todoroki's side.

The smug red and white haired man grabbed Izuku's chin like he had the night Shinsou tortured him for information. "Isn't he a great double agent?" He asked, shooting a smirk at Katsuki. "He was working for me the whole time, but I guess you already know that now."

Silence.

"That night he was 'attacked' a few weeks ago," Todoroki said, using air quotes. "He came running to me. Told me everything I wanted, including that meeting we ambushed and this place's address. Roughed him up a little afterwards to make it believable."

"That's not what-" Izuku cut himself off when he felt a strong grip on his arm and then a presence right next to his ear.

"I'd be quiet if I were you. Unless you want your right arm to match your left." Shinsou whispered to him.

Izuku shut his mouth quickly, but he was pleading with his eyes. He wanted them to know that he didn't betray them for no reason.

After Shinsou had hurt him and gotten the information about the meeting, Todoroki told Izuku that he had to find the address for the house and get directions, and send them via mail. It wasn't hard, considering the fact Izuku sent out mail everyday at work. But he only agreed after Shinsou cut into his arm again.

Katsuki was looking directly at him, unsure of what to believe anymore. But the look on Izuku's face....

That little son of a bitch had a plan.

Katsuki's brows raised for a fraction of a second before turning his attention back to Todoroki. He had no clue what Izuku was going to do or what he needed from Katsuki, but he guessed he was just gonna go with it and try to distract the taller man.

"Why should any of us believe a word you say, candycane?" Katsuki snarled at him.

"You can't, he's a lying bastard. Just like his dad." Izuku spoke up out of nowhere.

"What the fuck dude?" Shinsou asked, completely baffled. "I literally just told you to shut up, why would you- God you got really fucking sassy here." He said, shaking his head and knowing that Izuku was probably about to die.

Todoroki on the other hand, calmed his initial anger that he felt at the mention of his father. Instead, he schooled his features and turned to look at the small, green haired male. "What're you doing, Izuku?" He asked, knowing that the green haired boy was planning something.

Izuku glared up at him. "Not you, is that why you're being such a little bitch lately?"

There were audible 'oh's' from everyone around, including Todoroki's own men.

Todoroki once again had to fight with his inner rage. "What's your angle? What'd you plan on doing after getting me so pissed off I put a bullet in your head?" He asked as calmly as possible.

"I finally get to stop dealing with your whining." Izuku said right back, not missing a beat.

This is where Katsuki started to fear for Izuku's life.

"You little-" Todoroki started, moving closer to Izuku, but was cut off.

By Izuku spitting in his face.

"Heh, been there, done that." Shinsou whispered, amused by the 'show' he was now watching.

Todoroki slapped Izuku across the face so hard he fell to the ground.

After watching him fall, he turned his attention back to the other mafia he was supposed to be dealing with. He brushed his hands off on his shirt as he spoke. "Now, where were-"

He never got to finish that sentence.

His throat was cut in a matter of seconds.