♥chapter one♥

【lili's pov】

i woke up to the sound of my phone's alarm tinkling from my bedside table. i rolled over and turned it off, slipping out of my silk sheets and ambling over to my adjacent bathroom. i'd showered and straightened my long blonde hair last night, so there was nothing to do except brush through it and put on some hairspray. i washed my face, did my eyebrows, put on some mascara and highlight, and finished off the look with a liquid lip. it was the first day of school, so i wanted to look somewhat nice, just to remind everyone that i run sherman oaks. i decided to dress in a white lace halter bra, a tight black henley shirt, a plaid miniskirt, and air force 1s with a thin gold necklace and a matching anklet. 

i checked to make sure my french manicure was still in place, sprayed my signature chanel perfume, and ran downstairs

i checked to make sure my french manicure was still in place, sprayed my signature chanel perfume, and ran downstairs. i got into my white bugatti and drove off, grabbing my black gucci backpack as i left. i'd packed it the night before, but since it was the first day all i'd put in it was some notebook paper and pencils with a few empty binders. the first day of school is always just introductory bullshit. anyways, it's super illegal for me to be driving since i'm not 16 yet, but i look older than i am, so i doubt anyone will stop me. besides, i'm a good driver. i learned to drive myself places pretty quick, because my parents are never really home. it's not really any sweat off my back; you can't miss what you never had. that sounds sad, but whatever. i get our entire mansion to ourselves and i can have people over every night, so it's not all bad. 

i was supposed to pick up my two best friends caitlyn and nina, so i swung by their houses and got them. they were dressed similarly to me. caitlyn is tall and pale. she has the striking beauty and angular bone structure of a high fashion model. she has blonde hair and blue eyes, and she was wearing a blue floral patterned miniskirt and a gray t-shirt that she'd tucked in and cuffed at the sleeves with white slip-on vans. nina is a little shorter than caitlyn but still a few inches taller than me. she leaves her hair natural but cuts it short, so she has a sort of afro, but she can definitely pull it off. her skin is a deep caramel color and her eyes are dark brown. she was wearing a striped gray denim skirt with a white t-shirt that said "usa" on it with black converse. 

we chitchat idly as we neared the school. i'm taking advanced algebra 2, advanced chemistry, some weird history class (the only other history class was an ap and i didn't want to be in three aps so i would have time for swimming and cheerleading), ap literature, ap psychology, and advanced french 2. i have first lunch, which is the best lunch to have. i'd posted something on my snapchat story asking who i had classes with, and a lot of my friends were in my classes. i also had the same lunch as all my friends. 

there was only one person i was friends with in that stupid history class: paxton hall-yoshida. he was a year above me, but he'd retaken it. if this was some early 2000s chick flick, he'd be the love interest. the hottest, most popular guy in school that any girl would sell their kidneys to spend one night with. but to me, he's just plain old paxton. we've been friends since we were three. his mom was friends with my mom in high school, and they used to have wine nights all the time. we're pretty close; after all, we do run in the same circles.

continuing on the path of early 2000s chick flicks, i'd definitely be the queen bee. i have a big group of friends, but my real posse is nina and caitlyn. not to toot my own horn, but i'm hot, rich, and smart. my life is pretty good. i know that a lot of people are jealous of me, so i'm naturally the villain in a lot of people's stories, but i like to think of myself as more of a cher horowitz than a regina george. i have the same general demeanor as paxton: laid-back and chill, but i can be a real bitch when i need to be. 

anyways, our school isn't mean girls, but at times it can sure seem like it. i pull into the parking lot and prepare myself for another year at sherman oaks high.