chapter one

"you set it on fire? again?"

i hear my sister talking at the other line of the phone in disbelief ,

"i can explain," i try to continue but she stops me with an angry tone "no you got to shut up now clodette"

well i would be mad too if someone burned my whole room for the fifth time this week,

"hey that's disrespectful considering i'm the oldest one-" she cuts me off and continues the phrase with a mocking note in her voice "-and i can easily control my powers yada yada"

"that's really funny, i appreciate the futile effort to try comedy" i look at the clock and sigh "what's wrong now?" she asks "i have stuff to do at the salvatore house, we are making a plan to take this klaus guy off the business"

"you want to get involved with vampires" she states "why would you do that? vampires and witches never mix well together, you know that"

"yea but this town is so boring, a woman like me needs some bustle"

she annoyingly responds "that's not why we came to mystic falls in the first place, we are here to find dad, remember that"

while our mom decided to split up from the coven to live her life with some guy she met in a work trip, my dad instead went missing at my seventh birthday so claire kind of blames me for his disappearance,

as soon as i knew i was already an adult, taking care of my siblings and facing this tough life alone.

"you are still hoping for him to pop out of nowhere are you?" i say in a pity tone "claire we've been living in mystic falls for three years, don't you think it's a little-"

"i know chloe, but the only thing that keeps me from going insane" she takes a long pause and then sighs "is hope" she strives to not let me hear the sadness in her voice, she coughs to clear her throat "anyway, i'm coming to pick you up and i'll drop you to the salvatore's, i have nothing better to do since jason took mads to the park and honestly i'm kind of bored"

i say with my voice full of sarcasm "you really know when a town is slow if claire deveraux is bored"

she laughs "shut up chloe"

. . . . . . . . .

"so what's the plan the walking deads" i say while sitting on the sofa while drinking the glass of bourbon stolen from damon earning a glare from him

a girl i've never seen before responds to me annoyed "we could easily discuss it without your sarcasm sweetie" i look at her frowning "i'm sorry, who are you again?"

"i'm rose" my eyes flicker between damon and rose "if what she saying is true.." she quickly responds "which it is" damon continues "and she is not saying it only because she doesn't wants to be killed" she shoot back "which i'm not"

"then we are looking at a solid, maybe" damon concludes

"look elijah is dead" stefan gets closer to elena trying to console her
while she looks at him with worried eyes "so nobody knows that you exist"

stefan gets turned down by rose "not that we know" i groan in frustration
"you're not helping" rose looks at me with an annoyed gaze "neither are you, what is your purpose anyway?" i get up starting to get closer to her "let's not forget that i'm a witch and i can easily burn this not so pretty little face of yours" damon slides between the two of us "alright alright, as much as i'd love to see a girls fight right now we have bigger problems" damon looks at me with a gaze that says "please not right now"

i step back "whatever" i walk backwards to the sofa i was on before and let myself fall on it still glaring at rose.

elena gets up and takes her stuff while walking to the door "elena" i call her making her turn around "where are you going?"

"school" she says flatly

"good, i'll take you" stefan says and starting to go to his room to take his car keys but elena stops him "it's ok, i can go by myself" elena gives him a small smile that is returned by elena and she walks out of the door

"she's in denial" damon says with evident sarcasm in his voice, stefan turns around and looks at him,

"shut up damon" he says making damon laugh while i just roll my eyes.

. . . . . .

twisting the key in the door lock i get in and find jason and Maddie at the dinner table getting closer to them,

Jason nods to greet me "sup" saying it with a hint of sarcasm in his voice I laugh in response "you should stop letting your friends teach you new terms, you sound like a gangster" Jason chuckles while Maddie laughs and claire answers "she has a point though"

"So what's the deal with this Klaus?" claire asks curiously "the girl who kidnapped elena was there" claire frowns clearly shocked but lets me continue, "she said he's one of the oldest vampires"

"soooo he's a grandpa" Jason cuts in with sarcasm and i look at him chuckling "a pretty mad grandpa" I decide to change the subject and enjoy our dinner together.

—————
hi, this is the first time I try to make serious fanfic and I'm kinda rusty but hopefully, I'll get better with time, I wanted to thank Yasmine for writing my favorite fanfic about kai and inspiring me into writing something!

-laurel <3