Redemption from Betrayal (Part 1)

The next series of stories are based highly on a story from the app Episode. I can't remember what the story was called as I wrote the next series of stories years ago. If you find the story or know the name that these are based on please comment so I can mention it here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boy/Girl POV

His eyes were full of emotion; anger, sadness and betrayal all swimming in the dark depths.

His gun was pointed at my head, I knew what I had done but how could I have told him. 

He cocked his gun and looked at me in the eyes. I felt a shiver run through my body, before I looked away. 

I couldn't look at him. 

Not because I was ashamed of him but because I was ashamed of myself for letting this happen.

I looked around at the people I called friends, family even before I turned around, putting my back towards him, and kneeling down. I felt tears fall down my face, they burned my skin as they fell, I knew I deserved what was going to happen. Before he pulled the trigger I mumbled quietly so that only he could hear me "I'm sorry". I took a deep breath and waited, unexpectedly I heard him say "I'm sorry to" then the gun went off...

My eyes opened slowly. 

I wasn't dead!

I looked around and saw a bullet hole in the ground next to me. I turned around and saw him looking at the ground with his gun pointed down. 

"Just go" he said.

"But-"

"GO!" he shouted. 

His voice echoed around the warehouse, bouncing off everything to remind me that I shouldn't ignore his mercy. 

I slowly stood up and said quietly "thank you". I looked at him but he didn't meet my eyes. My feet carried me out of the warehouse and the moment I stepped out of it I heard his thunderous screams. It was filled with anger but also an undertone of sadness.

I had known that after that moment I wouldn't see him again and I had to accept that. 

I couldn't stay there any longer so I kept running until my legs were burnt out and tired.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like this story. It's short but the start of a small series of stories.

Comment what you would like to read next.