Measles...

(Lora POV)

I awoke in the room Mr. Brown let us use. I got dressed. I put the beret on my head and I walked downstairs. Mum walked out of the children's room. "Lora can you please go tell Evangeline and Mrs. Blatherwick the children are sick." She asks and I smile. "Yes I can." I say and I walk into the kitchen. "Good morning Evangeline. Good morning Mrs. Blatherwick." I say and they smile at me. "Good morning Lora." They say. I am afraid that the children have fallen ill." I say and Mrs. Blatherwick groans. "Oh great so ice cream and jelly. Evangeline! Where is that child!" Mrs. Blatherwick exclaims frustrated. I smile at her. "There is no need for that Mrs. Blatherwick, I believe that the children need to regain their strength don't you?" I ask and she smiles. "You are absolutely right dearie." She says and I smile a bit. I walk upstairs and I see mum giving measles medicine to the children. I smile and and mum leaves I walk in. "Are you alright?" I ask quietly. They are all gagging because of the medicine. I walk over and I feel all of their foreheads. "Well your fevers are lowering, may be because of the medicine." I say and they groan. 

I smile at them and I see Aggie moving. I tuck her into her blanket and she gets comfortable then falls asleep. I smile at her. I sit next to Simon. "You look down Simon, what's the matter?" I ask. Simon turns to me. "I am just scared that if father remarries, he will forget all about us. Simon says and soon all of the children look down, I frown. "Children your father could never forget about you. You are his flesh and blood, he may remarry but I'm sure that the woman will be a kind woman." I say smiling at them which seems to bring up their moods. Chrissie speaks up. "Can you tell us about Nanny McPhee and yourself?" She asks innocently, I smile at them. "Of course." I say and I get settled on the chair by the window. "So Nanny McPhee has a sworn enemy." I say to them and they look surprised. "Who is it?" The asks and even Simon looks curious. "A crow." I say and they look shocked. "A crow?!" Eric questions. "Yes Eric a crow, but this is a special crow since it ate all of Nanny McPhee's window putty which caused all of her windows shatter at the same time!" I exclaim while giggling at the memory. All of the children start giggling or laughing. I smile at them. "You all need some rest goodnight children." I say but Chrissie starts talking. "Um Lora?" She asks and I walk over. "Yes Chrissie?" I ask. Chrissie gives me a small smile. "Our mum used to give our foreheads a kiss when we were sick." She says and I know what she is implying. I nod. I give her forehead a kiss and she smiles at me. I give everyone a kiss on their foreheads but when I give one to Simon I see him blush a bit which makes me blush. "Good night everyone." I say as I head into the kitchen. "Good afternoon." I say. "Hello dearie." Mrs. Blatherwick says while cooking the children's food. "Hello Lora." Evangeline says. "Have you seen Nanny McPhee?" I ask and they shake their heads. I shrug. 

"Oh Lora your food is on the counter." Mrs. Blatherwick says. "Thank you Mrs. Blatherwick." I say as I grab my food. I sit at the table with Evangeline. "What book are you reading?" I ask as I notice the red book on the table next to her. "It's a book about a girl's father that marries a horrid person that treats the daughter like a slave." I frown. "How cruel." I say. "Well that's about how far I got into the book." She says and I nod. Suddenly mum walks into the kitchen. "Hello Nanny McPhee." Evangeline and Mrs. Blatherwick say and I motion towards outside of the kitchen with my head and she nods. "Mum when can I tell them that you are my mum?" I ask and she sighs. "You may if you want." She says and I grin. "Okay!" I exclaim and I grab her hand and I walk into the kitchen. "Evangeline, Mrs. Blatherwick, this is my mum Nanny McPhee, my full name is Lora McPhee." I say and they smile. "That explains a lot." Evangeline says and soon Mrs. Blatherwick grabs 7 bowls and a huge pot full of some sort of broth. I look at it and I feel as if I am going to gag. I compose myself and I walk with Mrs. Blatherwick to the children's room. I see her give the broth. "Get that down you. There's a lot of goodness in a turkey neck. That'll put the hair back on your chest." Mrs. Blatherwick says then she inhales deeply. "That. That is the smell that forged this empire. That pong is the pong of conquerors. All right, men. As you were." She says while saluting and leaving the room. 

"They really are starving us. I wonder how long it will take for us all to die." Lily says and I giggle. "Oh don't say that Lily, this can make you strong and can get you out of bed."  I say and they all groan. I giggle again. 

"Lora may you read to us?" Chrissie asks and I nod. "Of course which story would you like?" I ask. "Cinderella please." She says and I go to the children's book shelf and I pick out the book and I sit in the rocking chair by the window. "Once Upon a time..."

(Time Skip)

I have been keeping the children entertained while they were in bed when Evangeline came inside the room. "Have you lazy lot been in bed all day?" She asks. "Evangeline." Sebastian says. "You've been doing measles haven't you?" Evangeline asks. 

"The situation's very simple, Evangeline. The nanny, who in my opinion is a witch, made us ill and fed us boiled-down toads." Eric says and I shake my head. "Nanny McPhee is not a witch, Eric. You're very naughty to say so." Evangeline says and I smile. "Now, I must go children. But I will be back later." I say. "Goodbye Lora." Everyone says, including Simon which was shocking. I walk out of the room, and back into Mother and I's.