CHAPTER 1. Sandstorm

Chilling out by the entrance of Jade Mountain Academy, Sandstorm was greeting the new students for their first day.

Sandstorm saw two dragons land. One was an IceWing with black dapples on his scales, his legs had black scales covering up to his thighs, his horns were dark blue, while his spikes were a bit of a lighter blue.
  The other dragonet looked almost like a NightWing at first, but taking another look at her, she had the shape of a SkyWing, her scales were dark purple, while back scales and wings being a grayish-silver along with four tail spikes that looked as if a star had been jammed into her tail. One of her brown horns had been broken off, Sandstorm guessed she got into a few fights with other dragons.

He walked over to greet them as he did so, he could hear the mind of the SkyWing hybrid thinking well, not turning back now. Was that sarcasm? Sandstorm couldn't tell if this dragonet was being sarcastic or trying to be confident about being at the academy.
Once he was close enough to talk to them he joyfully said "Hello! Welcome to Jade Mountain Academy! I'm Sandstorm!"
"Hi!" said the IceWing, "my name is Avalanche, nice to meet you Sandstorm"
"Hello, I'm Starnight" The Skywing said "but you can call me Star, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Sandstorm grinned "Nice to meet you both. If you can't tell already, I'm a hybrid. You too also have the looks of hybrids, am I right?", they both nodded.
"Yes I am one of those things that are those things." Avalanche said over excitedly. "Avalanche, you seem a bit excited..." Sandstorm complimented.
Starnight let out a small giggle then replied to Sandstorms question with "Yeah, I'm half Nightwing and Skywing. Oh! And by the way, just to let you know, I can see that future." She added.

"That means that you'll get a class with my mom." Sandstorm explained to her, "She helps all Nightwings with foresight and telepathy get to know their powers and teaches them how to handle them well."
Starnight's face lit up, "Ooh sounds fun!"

Sandstorm seemed to stare off into space for a second, he shook his head to snap out of it, then yelled down the hallways. "Fatespeaker! Get your butt over here! We got new comers!!"
"So we get classes on our foresight and telepathy you said?" Avalanche asked Sandstorm in a concerned manner.
Sandstorm nodded, "Yes, do you happen to have any?" He asked.
"Yep! I've got precognition and telepathy."

Sandstorm grinned "well you came to the right pla-" he had been cut off by Starnight who panicked as she collapsed to the ground.  "You alright?" He asked her.
"What's happening?" Avalanche asked at the same time.
"A vision!" Starnight shrieked.

"Just try to calm down, someone's coming." Sandstorm said to her. Hurry up mom, he thought.
Starnight took a deep breath and it seemed to have settled her mind as of what Sandstorm could see in there.
Once she seemed less spooked by the vision, Sandstorm asked her what she saw.
She responded with "I saw a fire, but I couldn't tell where it was, or how it happened."
"oh my-" Avalanche gasped.
"How big was it?" Sandstorm asked, Starnight shrugged, "I don't know, big enough to fill about a cave of ten MudWings I guess."

Moonwatcher stumbled over, clutching her head like she had a headache or something. "What's happening?" She asked, Sandstorm turned towards her. "Mom! Thank the moons you're here! What took you so long?"
"A bad vision, sorry about that." Said Moon.

"I too had a bad vision." Starnight said to the Nightwing.
Moonwatcher began to start worrying about the vision (as we all know her). "This is important, I need to let Tsunami know immediately, in the meantime, we need to get you two situated." She pointed two of her talons at Starnight and Avalanche. "You three don't need to worry about anything. We'll take care of it."

"I'm going to worry about it anyway, because I have an immense fear of the future and also fire." Avalanche said, with a comedically blank face.
"Trust me, Avalanche, we have it taken care of. We've dealt with a lot more danger than you might have thought." Said Moonwatcher.
"I've survived different natural disasters around the continent for the past three years, so I have some experience with situations like this." Starnight added.
"That's terrible! I'm glad you decided to come here then." Moon said, "but what I said to Avalanche goes for you as well. I'm gonna go get Tsunami, and Sandy here can show you around." She hurried off into the mountain.

"Sounds like a plan." Avalanche said,
Sandstorm sighed, but then had an idea- a clever idea. "Alright you know what..." He picked up a piece of skyfire from a pouch the was hanging next to the welcoming board, "Here. Just between the three of us, I think we should keep this a secret and try to figure this out ourselves." He said to Avalanche and Starnight. They both took a peice out of his talon. "We're gonna need this so that any mind readers don't know as well." Sandstorm explained, "especially so that my mom doesn't catch us."

"Mothers are a formidable force, one not to be reckoned with." Avalanche joked, Sandstorm laughed "I think I'm gonna like your sense of humor" he said with a grin.
"But it's better to tell the truth than get away with a lie." Starnight pointed out, "at least that's what my dad used to tell me, we should just let the adults deal with the situation and stay out it."
"They are." Sandstorm said to her, "but I want to truly know what it's about, not just stop it from happening."
"Ohhh, okaaay." Starnight realized, "that's eighty percent different from what I was thinking."

"Anyways, how about that tour I promised?" Sandstorm suggested, Avalanche and Starnight nodded.
He walked over to a list of Winglets that was posted on a wall, skimming through looking for their names.
"Looks like you're both in Opal Winglet. Avalanche, you are clawmates with a Sandwing named Barren, and Starnight, you are clawmates with a Sand-SeaWing hybrid named Summer. As always, things might get changed up, depending on how the Winglets behave on the first day." Sandstorm pointed out.
"Sounds good to me." Avalanche said, Starnight agreed.
"Alright, to the Opal Dorms then!" Sandstorm said guiding them into the mountain.