Chapter 2

'briiiiiiiiiiinnnnggg'

"Okay, class dismissed!" Mr. Bax dismisses the class after 3 hours of torture, finally it's lunch. As I shove in my books in my locker, I can hear Gretchen's voice at my back. I turn around to see her making out with her boyfriend Luke. Of course they make a perfect pair but judging Luke's face while they kiss, he doesn't look satisfied. I turn around and headed to the cafeteria.

"Yo! Layla over here!" I heard Coopers voice, I look around to find him.

"We're over heeere!" I finally saw him standing on a chair waving to me. I laugh at him and wave at him. As I make my way to our table I see a brunette girl sitting beside him. Is it Sasha?

"Hey guys!" I sit in front of them. Sasha is a really pretty girl. her long wavy brown hair reaches below her shoulders, and her light brown eyes are so beautiful. She has a fit body and I know they're perfect for each other.

" 'cough' um Layla this is Sasha, Sasha this is Layla. She's my best friend since grade 3." Cooper breaks the silence in the group.

"Nice to meet you Sasha." I look at her as she looks back. She's really beautiful. I wish I could be like her but I know I can't.

"Likewise Layla! Cooper's been talking about you lately and I can tell you're a really nice person!" She's a really bubbly person, like Cooper.

"What do you want to eat?" Cooper asks. I look at the menu on the table. Yes, our school has a small menu on what's for lunch. I look through the book to see some really good sandwiches, burgers, and fries. I was about to pick the chicken burger with extra fries when I look down to my belly with small hills or fat and they're ugly, so I decided I would go with the fruit salad.

"I'll take the fruit salad." The moment I said that, Cooper looks at me confused.

"What? I thought your favorite was the chicken burger?" I force a little smile at him.

"Please Cooper I want the fruit salad." Sasha holds on Cooper's hands to stop him.

"I'll take the chicken nuggets." Sasha says. "I'll come with you to get the food."

"We'll be back soon." Cooper and Sasha leaves the table and I saw Cooper's hand slip into Sasha's waist. I wonder if any boy would do that to me. I look away from them, I place both of my hands on my chin to rest my head on.

After 10 minutes they came back with the foods. I got my fruit salad and it's my first time to eat a fruit salad in the school cafeteria. I take out a fork and start to eat the chopped apples first. At first I didn't like the taste but I told myself that today's the day I will be putting off my weight. I placed a grape in my mouth and and I my throat won't accept it. I immediately take a napkin and spit it out. I hate this fruit salad! I stand up and make my way to the garbage can to throw it. I make my way back to the table. I took the water on my seat and finished it all to satisfy my hunger. It made the hunger go away which made me happy because I'm full even though I just ate 4 chopped apples.

"Layla? Are you okay? You just ate like 3 or 4 apples aren't you hungry?" Sasha asks. I smile at her for worrying.

"Yes I'm fine. Thanks." I smile at both of them as they look at me with worry in their eyes.

"I'm fine. Look I just want to go right now if I can?" I want to leave because I can't bare to see people enjoying their food while I starve.

"Um sure? Is there something going on? I know something is wrong Layla. You can't hide it." I know I can't hide it. But can he fix the pain I'm suffering? I don't want to have this body! I want to change it!