He's Got Wide Shoulders

My mind and body was so unbearably painful, and I try so hard to keep moving forward. Nothing is in my head now, I'm numb in all places and I've been crying for what seemed like days.

My right side was still bleeding, throbbing painfully as I support myself mostly on the left. I don't understand what's been happening, but one thing has been repeatedly playing in my head.

"What do you want?" I say through gritted teeth.

"I don't need anything from you." The man whispers. "But the doctors do."

Father must have found out that I was away. He must have been the one who ordered these men to play as officers, ordered them to take out whoever got in their way from getting to me. Who else could have done it? I never would have imagined that my father would do something so cruel, so unexpected, because he wanted my blood. He wanted me. I try to understand why he would go so far, and although it isn't certified yet, the possibility of my blood being the cure to a deadly virus must have driven him crazy. It could save the world, and maybe I'm thinking too narrowly. I don't want to die yet, and running away was my choice. Going to Hoseok's house was also my choice.

This is my fault, my doing.

I'm probably going crazy at this point.

But I have to get some rest.

I trudge along the sidewalk when I suddenly hear a group of men laughing at a distance. I suddenly stop, coming face to face to what seemed like a gang, and I slowly back away in fear.

"Huh," One of them goes, "Wait. You're bleeding."

I wince in pain, but at this point, my mind was so clouded that the only thing I could think of was not to trust anybody. So I ran across the road, taking a sharp left before luckily finding an alley, where I hide behind a garbage can. I'm still holding my side as I hear them pass by, a few of them muttering how strange it was to see someone like me.

I exhale a deep breath before quietly standing up, but my mind becomes fuzzy and I groan in pain. As I stumble, I take hold of a silver railing which clangs against the pen I'm holding. I look up and see a closed shop, not even hesitating as I run inside. The bells ring as I enter, and I take note of my surroundings.

It seemed like a new restaurant, it's size just right. Lamps were hanging from the ceiling. There were old, vintage themed photos on the walls, and a bar at the far corner. I wobble as fast as I can to hide behind it, looking around to see if there's any medical kit. As I rummage through the wooden furniture, I didn't even realize how much noise I was making. Neither did I realize that there could have been someone inside.

I heavily breath in and out as I fail in finding any medical kit, and I slide against the furniture as I sit tired on the floor. My body was screaming for some treatment, and I cry in helplessness.

But when I raise my head, a tall man was looking at me with a pan raised near his head in defense. I flinch at the unexpected company, raising my hand in front of my face as I fold my legs, still holding my right side. "Please....please don't hurt me..." I stutter in fear, and I could sense that the man was hesitating on what to do.

For a while, we stayed silent as I tried to see who it might be. "Wait, wait...you're hurt. You're bleeding!" The stranger exclaims.

The man lowers his pan, looking at me with concern as he fumbles around. "Hold, hold on. I'll go get a first aid kit."

He rushes to the back of the kitchen, and while he's at it, I try to stand up. My legs feel like jelly, and my arms are weak as I push myself up. By the time the man comes back, I'm not even a step away from my initial position. "No!" He says, running to me. "Don't move, you're already bleeding too much."