💛chapter one💛

The moon illuminated the road ahead of me, wildlife scarce at the early hour we traveled in. Soft breathing surrounded me as the others slept, furthermore, the animals rested around me as well. Meth laid in my lap, her head strewn across my lap as her body heaved from every breath she took. Snoring echoed lightly through the roomy vehicle as I continued to accelerate onwards, an exasperated sigh flowing through my lips from the looming exhaustion of constant driving. Glancing at the radio I was lowly playing in the background, the neon green digital pixels read the time 3:09 a.m.

Groaning, I pulled off to the side of the road for a minute. Opening the car door as quietly as possible proved to be a challenge I had conquered in the past hours. Setting the, now awake, chicken on the middle console so I was able to step out for a minute. I took a few minutes to stretch out the sore limbs I held the home of, though my dream was short-lived when I heard distant talking. Turning back to the car I reached swiftly for my hunting knife before whipping back in the direction of the voices. Quietly, I closed the car door whilst making sure I didn't alert them of my position. Frankly, my limbs were incredibly sore and I still had no intention of backing down from a fight. Their loss if they come across me, I'm not sure how long they would last against my delusional ass.

I walked around the car, checking for any damages or repairs I should make in the morning; however, my senses raised drastically, my mind now critically aware of how near the voices were; nevertheless, I continued my examination with heightened senses. However, I recognized they were speaking about my car, which I stood outside of, resulting in my hand absentmindedly drawing the knife I held. They approached rapidly, although their nearing was cut short by my figure appearing from the side of the car. My features were hidden by the mask shielding me, a threatening aura radiating from my body as they halted. They raised their bats, much to my luck due to the lack of guns, their bodies tensing as they prepared for a fight.

"State your business." My voice remained monotone and stoic, my blade remaining hidden behind my back. With bloodlust coursing through my hands, rapid twitches rising from my fingers in waves, I wasn't the most stable or steady. The men, who I had come to notice lacked a female figure that I know of, smirked. Furrowing my nose in disgust, I drew back to why I loved women far more. The men started to approach, however they halted the second I drew my blade to my front.

"State. Your. Business." My temper wore short, and the males realized this. I have reason to believe they were intoxicated once they laughed in my face, saliva spewing from their mouth from the obnoxious bellows. My hyperaware body recognized the volume analytically, distantly aware that the chance my friends woke up were slim to none. Those dumb bitches could sleep through anything. My attention was redrawn to the offensive party in front of me at the comment directed in a derogatory way.

"Or what, little girl, you'll go cry to your mommy?" the main idiot spoke up, his little groupies mocking a crying motion and faked a cry for help.

"You should step away before I knock out your fragile masculinity," I smirked behind my facial shield, the abrupt lack of noise being music to my ears. "No wonder you don't have a woman with you, you couldn't handle the thought of her being able to peg you-" my mockery was cut short by one of the sidebitches charging me, his bat raised.

Watching him approach, I sidestepped and left one foot to the side as he stood approximately two strides away from bashing in my skull. Before he could realize what was happening, his toe was caught on the thick sole of my shoe. Caught by surprise, a yelp rippled through the otherwise silent night. His skull made contact with the silver bumper, resulting in his head ricocheting to the side. As I turned to his friends, I heard the bone crack from the blunt contact with the pavement, his friends resembling a ghost from how white they had turned due to the events displayed before them. My head tilted absentmindedly to the side, the wooden mask rising ever so slightly as a result of my grin. The remaining men, two with rather bulky builds that reached the height of 6'2 or so, slowly turned their gaze to me. As though I were a predator in the forest, lurking silently for my next victim, these men now stood as my prey. Once I caught one, they more than likely realized how easily they could be next/