Chapter 5

John's Pov

I lead Alexander to my kitchen and instantly feel jittery. There is a stranger I'm my house and it's very messy. Guess which one I worry about more. Alexander looks around. "Its dark in here." He notices. I blush. I never turned the lights on in the morning. "You can turn them on," I murmur. "I'll pour the drinks." Alexander nodded, apparently pleased. I took some wine glasses out of a cabinet and poured a little liquid into each. I set them out on the counter, fidgeting nervously. Alexander comes back and the house is definitely brighter, but it might not be the lights. Man, Alexander's smile can light up a whole room. I think. But thats not important. Alexander grabs a glass from the counter. He takes a small drink. I do the same, and pretty soon, Im drunk. Together, Alexander and I are sitting on chairs together in front of the counter. "Hey man?" I ask, setting my glass down and pouring myself some more wine. "Could I-could I call you Alex?" "Sure dude." Alex says, and takes the bottle from me to pour himself some. I take a sip. "You know, youre my only friend." I say, patting Alexander on the shoulder. I haven't talked to anyone in ages. No one ever wants to talk to me. Its because I'm too nervous and insecure, and moody. I can never talk to anyone, but you, man. Well you're easy, cuz you're hot." Even being drunk, I understood that I said something I did not want to say aloud. But I just did, soo... I take another sip. Alex is just looking at me, the corners of his mouth tugging upwards. I avert my gaze and take another drink. I begin to scowl. I keep on taking sips until my glass is empty. I reach for the wine bottle, but its empty. I start to scowl again, but I dont go very far, because at that second, a wave of nausea rolls over me. I leap up, race to the bathroom, and puke in the toilet. After I'm done, I stumble out, and bump right into Alex. "Oh, Im sorry." I say. "Hey." Alexander puts a hand on my shoulder. "Laurens, youre drunk. You're going to go lay down on the couch." He starts to guide me over. I stop. "You think I'm drunk?" I ask. "Yes." Hamilton continues to guide me. I laugh, finding this extremely funny. "Me? Drunk? No way! I never get drunk." Alex gently eases me onto the couch. "Well, you did get drunk tonight." He covers me up with a blanket and takes my hand. "Laurens, go to sleep. Ill stay here the night." I frown. My thoughts are all jumbled. "Like a sleepover?" Alexander laughs softly. "Sure." He says. "Now go to sleep." In two I seconds, I am.