One

She always knew how to calm me down. I used to be vulnerable to panic attacks. I'd sit there crying, contemplating my own life and like an angel she would walk in, without a word, and hold me until I stopped. Her philosiphy, It worked then, It works now.

"Penelope?" She looked up at me with her gorgeous grey eyes, like a foggy sky. She knew how I felt about her, she didn't understand but she knew. She rested her head on my chest as we sat in the corner of my room. The blade thrown across the floor. I was over it now, I had calmed down. Penelope always said that this happened more than it should and she was right. This was the fourth time. She never cried when this happened and I always wondered whether it was a good thing or a bad thing. She blinked heavily and my heart skipped. I smiled slightly and she looked away. We sat forever, we always did.

You don't really hear about girls having autism but they do, I've seen it. Penelope hates to talk about it but she can't fight medical records, it's her. When we were younger it wasn't much of a problem, she had me. Now we are older and it's like the social demand is too much for both of us but she has me. At wht point did 'had' have to become 'has'?

We walked down stairs, the blade in the bin of the bathroom and the bin in her hand. She put the bin down as my six-year old sister came running up to us. I smiled as Penelope picked her up and bounced her around. I found it sad how my best-friend was best-friends with my six-year old sister and soon, Penelope had forgotten about the bin and was playing with my sister at the table. I smiled joining them as they drew with cheap crayons. Penelope was a brilliant artist. I stared at her paper as she drew, a detailed face of a girl playing in the snow. Penelope always talked about seeing the snow but she never had. She was obessed with it.  I grabbed a piece of paper and began making something.

"It's not finished until you sign it" I looked up to see Penelope smiling at Fern, my sister. She handed Fern her favourite pen that she always had on her and Fern smiled, scribbling her name on the paper.

"Penelope?" She looked up at me with those curious eyes. I held up a paper snowflake and her eyes widened. She stood up and moved next to me. I handed the snowflake to her an she held it like it was as fragile as the real thing. She looked back up at me.

"Can you teach me how to make it?" She put it on the table and grabbed another piece of paper, putting it infront of me. I smiled nodding. I had to admit, I loved having her attention but I deserved it. I earnt it.

-

So as you can tell these are pretty short chapters. This is actually based on a true story but I have changed the names for privacy reasons... so yeah. This is my first book published so tell me what you think because I'm open to suggestions. And remember

Stay Minty ;)