chapter Nineteen

Caroline's POV:

“keep pressure on it Maggie” I said to my sister crying over Tilda. I didn't want to freak her out she was already shaking.

“ stay with me Tilda” I looked into her eyes touching her sweat covered cheeks with my blood coated hand. She started coughing harshly blood gushing out of her mouth. I was starting to lose myself, I cannot let her slip. I could see the light in her eyes fading.

“ Sofia, hand me that clothe now... fast" she ran over to the table across and jerked the table cloth off it. Plates and candle holders hitting the floor shattering against the tiling. I took the clothe and tore it in half. I supported her head with one and gave the other to Asher. He quickly tightened a portion of it around her opened leg. I couldn't stop tears streaming down to my cheeks. Tilda started gasping for breath it was like she was drowning. I didn't know what to do next, I wasn't exposed to this Field. I wish Ben was still with us. I pushed my hand under the nape of her neck and raised her head, positioned her head to look up a little. I wasn't sure why I did that but my hands acted it. More blood came gushing out of her mouth. She was groaning in pain and kept her gaze on me. She mouthed I'm sorry her eyes drifting away. It held a distant look and I knew i was starting to lose her. Her chest was heaving rhythmically and then started dropping.

“ we are losing her” Sofia said holding Tilda's wrist In her hand checking her pulse. I decided to not acknowledge what she said even though I knew it was happening. I could remember when I first visited her house. My mom took me there for a play date. She had such a wild imagination. She made me a fierce person, just like she helped me went through my dad's lost. She was the only one that I could cry my heart out to and never speak of it. I couldn't lose her, not even to death itself.

I held her head up and pinced on her nose and held her jaw line. I had her mouth opened and I blew air into it for atleast five seconds. I pushed down on her chest and then kept repeating the process. All I was thinking was never letting her go. My mind was flooding with memories. My first break up, she didn't let me break she was there. She was the only person that knew I was under therapy. She had  always been there to walk me out of my panic attacks. My eyes were streaming salty waters and my heart was shattering. I was stopped by hands wrapping around my shoulder trying to get me away from her. I flinched and tried to get away by shaking it off. I pushed him off me and continued the CPR I was performing on her. The hands were back again but stronger and turned me over forcefully to look at them.

“ She is gone Carol, stop it” Asher said with tears filled in his eyes. All of me came crashing down. I even forgot how to breathe for a moment. My heart was as heavy as a rock, there was a rose in my throat basically not letting me swallow. My body started to trembling under his grip. I darted my eyes to her body. Her opened leg and a the deep wound in her stomach. Some of her ribs were broken and finally her radiant face. Her eyes were still looking my way holding their light brown color.

“No”

“No!” I let out the scream building in my stomach. Asher pulled me into his into holding me tight. I kept screaming and crying frantically still looking into her face. it echoed In the huge ball room.

She cannot leave me now, she promised me, you promised.

********
15 minutes ago

Asher led the way to where ever the channel we took taking us. The capella singing was getting louder and clearer we were getting pretty close. The tunnel was neither dark or bright but just right.

Asher was right, it isn't a recording

The end of the tunnel looked brighter almost like a gold glitter. I gulped hard and held Tilda's hand beside me. She saved my life twice within short periods of time. Maggie told me she found the passage way and she saved my life before that. I couldn't thank her enough, tears were starting to prick the corner of my eyes. She looked at me and then gave me a "we will survive this smile" and squeezed my hand a little. Asher stopped and looked back at us