Chapter 26

*Tom's POV*

After almost all the food was gone, Y/N cuddled up next to me. We laid back on the ground and just stared at the ombre sky. The sunset was more than beautiful, but the girl right next to me surpassed that beauty by a long shot. I had one arm placed under her and held her close as I put my hand in my pocket. However, my hand wouldn't go all the way. I felt a small box when I remembered.

"The ring!" I thought. Or at least thought I did.

"The ring? What ring Tommy?" Y/N asked.

"The ring that I was supposed to pr-" I cut myself off before I could reveal any more of what my plan was. Y/N looked up at me with confusion clouding her eyes. I sighed. "Princess?"

"Yes?"

I stood up and held my hand out so that she could grab it. It was time for me to do it. I was beyond nervous.

"Tom? What's happening?" Y/N questioned.

"Y/N. I put a lot of thought into this and you deserve so much better. And please let me finish before you say anything. You deserve more than anything else. I want to give you the world and more. You mean everything to me and I couldn't imagine life without you. I honestly don't even know how to put everything I want to say into words. And even if I could, it would just take the rest of eternity to finish. The truth is that I don't love you. I'm in love with you. I want to be yours for the rest of all of time and have you be mine." I took a deep breath before the big question.

Before pulling the ring out of my pocket, I took a look at Y/N's face. She had tears in her eyes and just glowed. She was beautiful and there was no chance in hell I was going to regret this. I got down on one knee and opened the small, black, velvet box.

"Will you become mine and marry me?" I asked. So many emotions ran through me. I knew that we were already to be married, but there was still time for her to cancel it and reject me. She might change her mind and want to leave me. These thoughts ran through my mind, almost making me miss her response.

"Thomas I..."

To be completely honest, this was supposed to be part of chapter 25. As I went to post this, I forgot that I had already posted chapter 25 as a filler chapter and simply forgot about it. I'm sorry that the wait was so long. On the side note, for those of you that have read my other book, "Broken Promises" I took that book down. I looked through it and I want to go through and edit a few things. Some of it just didn't feel right and I feel as though a few scenes were too much. For example, some just had too much cursing and some were just a tad bit too graphic for my liking. I can't say when it will be up again, but also know that I can't say when this book will be updated as well. I'm honestly just lazy, but I will do my best. Please enjoy this chapter and know that another one will be coming. The only question is when honestly. Thank you!❤❤❤