Talks and Apologies

James thought Remus was going insane. Probably too many transformations. The poor bloke had been going through them since he was bloody four years old.

"What the fuck did you just say, Moony?" Sirius asked rather loudly with the same startled expression as James and Pete.

"I said I wanted to tell the girls about my furry little problem," Remus lowered his voice but kept a steady tone. The other Marauders glanced around the Charms classroom to make sure Flitwick was nowhere to be seen. "Lily's birthday and the full moon fall on the same day. We would have to make up some story and I don't feel like lying to people I trust."

The four of them turned their gaze to the girls who sat in front of them. Lily was diligently taking notes, or so it seemed. Upon closer examination, she appeared to be responding to a note written to her by Marlene.

Marlene tried to stifle a laugh that turned into a snort. She had stuffed her fist in her mouth and tried to cover her face with her hair, so Flitwick wouldn't notice.

Alice was reading the note over Lily's shoulder. After this, she smiled widely and whispered something in Lily's ear. This made her blush and slap her friend's arm.

Mary was trying her hardest, but she didn't fly under the radar of her Charms Professor. In fact, as soon as he saw Mary, he saw the rest of the sixth year Gryffindor girls.

"Would the four of you stop being such a disruption in my class? Based on three out of the four of your essays you could do with paying attention."

This wasn't the thing that startled Lily. Being told off by a professor wasn't on her to-do list, but the note that flew on her desk caught all of her attention immediately.

Maybe it was the fact that it had taken the form of a bird and flew so elegantly on her desk. Maybe it was the way she hadn't seen it until it appeared in front of her. Or maybe it was what was written on it that startled her the most.

I know you're still mad at me, but Moons wants to tell the girls about his furry little problem. Please for the sake of him read this and respond.

...

Remus paced the floor of his dormitory. He had only ever told one person about his "problem." Many other people knew, but they either found out on their own accord or someone else had told them.

His fellow Marauders had found out from their ability to put their noses into other people's business. That and Remus had made up ridiculous lies about where he actually was going, lies they saw through clearly.

His parents and Dumbledore kept the staff well informed. His professors knew as much information as they needed and Remus intended to keep it that way. He saw the pity stares he received every time he walked into a classroom.

Telling Lily had been easy because the logical part of him knew that she would be extremely understanding. She was incredibly nice to everyone to a point where even those who didn't deserve it took advantage of that fact.

"Oh, bloody hell. I should've apologized to her earlier, now I've let her anger simmer like a potion and at some point, it's going to bubble over!" James put his head in his hands and fell backward onto his bed.

It had been a week since Annie had been sent into the hospital wing. It only took her two days to recover and she was now almost back in full health physically. Mentally and emotionally the attack had taken a toll on her. She often got stared at in the corridors as well because Mulciber and Yaxley managed to spread the fact she liked a girl everywhere.

"Mate, you tried to apologize, remember? Albeit it wasn't the best apology, but you still tried. You also have to remember it's Lily Evans and she's very stubborn," Sirius remarked wisely.