Chapter 9

Going out the restaurant was the best option for us as the whole place might collapse anytime soon. We knew that the enemies were outside but we don't have enough choice. Especially now that the Duke is wounded.

We got separated from Plutus and Eresh as they went to the direction opposite from us. The way was blocked due the ceiling and post that collapsed inside the restaurant. Halos wala na din natirang mga bodyguards na nagbabantay para sa Duke. All of the bodyguards that I saw outside earlier were now dead.

The enemies finally stopped shooting us but we didn't let our guard down. I know that they are waiting for us to go outside dahil halos magiba na ang restaurant, it will be dangerous for us to stay inside. And the Duke is loosing too much blood. He needs to get in the hospital as soon as possible.

I looked at Fourth. He looked so calm and compose as we carried his father on our shoulders. But I knew that he felt different inside. Alam kong nag-aalala sya para kay Eresh now that we got separated from them.

Nang makalabas kami ay muli kaming pinaulanan ng mga bala. We quickly hid on their blind spot as Fourth seems like he already knows the location of the enemies based on the trajectory of the bullets. Kaya alam nya kung saan hindi kami makikita ng mga kalaban.

"Bloody fucking hell..." Fourth cursed as he loaded his gun. Inilabas nya ang katawan nya at nagpaputok ng baril bago muling  nagtago.

The enemies tried to shoot back pero natago kami sa likod ng isang pader kaya nahaharangan noon ang mga bala. We're safe here as long as the enemies will not move on their positions.

"Where's your fiancee?" the Duke asked but he groaned when he strained his wounds. May palagay akong malapit na din syang mawalan ng malay.

Merda!

"We got separated from and Plutus." Fourth answered.

"They are crossing the river." we heard L said on our earpiece.

"What?"

"Maraming puno sa kabilang bahagi ng ilog." L explained. " I think they plan to hide to those trees."

"Fuck it!" Fourth cursed. "Hindi pwede si Eresh doon! Maaalala nya 'yung nangyari sa kanya sa gubat!"

"I will be fine, Fourth..."

It was Eresh. Mahina at halos nagpuputol-putol ang linya nya. Maybe her earpiece got some damaged because of that explosion. But we're still able to understand what she said.

Nakita ko ang pagbabago sa ekspresyon ni Fourth nang marinig ang boses nya. Worry is evident in his eyes. Nakita ko din ang bahagyang pagpa-panic sa mga mata nya na mabilis nyang pinigilan. He tried to be as calm as he could be as he knows that panicking wouldn't do any good given with our situation.

I admire how he could control himself so well. His fiancee is pregnant and they got separated in this dangerous situation. Kung ibang tao lang iyon ay baka nagwala na sa sobrang pag-aalala.

Well... he got training for this as well. On how to control his emotions. Additionally, he likes to manipulate and control the people around him so controlling his own emotions is an easy work for him.

"Pupuntahan kita." Fourth said.

"No." Eresh said on the other line. "You need to get your father to the hospital. We will be fine, Fourth."

Mas lumala ang connection nya ngayon. Halos hindi na maintindihan si Eresh dahil sa paputol-putol nyang linya. But we still manage somehow.

"Plutus." Fourth called him pero si Eresh ang muling sumagot sa kabilang linya.