Chapter 27

Tama ang pagkakaintindi namin ni L kanina nang patigilin ako ni Tracer sa ginagawa ko. I have been tracing the Red Faction's hideout nonstop that I couldn't even sleep a wink. Hindi kasi ako mapalagay hangga't hindi ko nahahanap ang hideout ng kalaban.

We all need their location as soon as possible. Kaya ayoko talagang tumigil sa paghahanap. Nobody pressured me but I know that we don't have much time.

But now that Tracer wanted me to stop only means that he already has the information that we need.

"Paano?" Aius asked. Kunot na kunot ang noo nya habang nakatingin kay Tracer. "You found it?"

Tracer shook his head. Iniharap nya ang laptop sa gawi namin so we could see the email that he received.

"The question was answered. The voice gave us the coordinates of their location." he explained. 

Saglit syang pumindot ng kung ano sa laptop nya kahit nakatalikod iyon sa kanya. Seconds later, we were shown a map with a red dot in the middle.

"That's the location." he said like he's really sure about it.

We all looked at his laptop. The red dot shows us the exact location of the enemy's hideout which will be four hours drive away from here. The place was secluded since we couldn't get enough signal of the nearby establishments or house. Meaning, baka nag-iisa lang ang hideout sa lugar na iyon.

"Is it in an island again?" asked Kier. "Like the last time. 'Yung kay Liam?"

Tracer shook his head. "I don't think so. By the looks of it, the place is the same with their last hideout. Napapaligiran din ng maraming puno."

"Ugh... I hate forest." I heard Ate Eresh mumbled.

Natahimik ako. I think I have trauma with forest as well. O sa kung saan mang mapunong lugar.

I remembered what happened the last time. I was on Enki's back, bleeding so much that I lost all my strength. I was in and out of my conciousness habang nakasakay ako sa likod nya pero nararamdaman kong maingat syang tumatakbo para hindi ako mas masaktan pa which was not necessary since I was already numbed with pain. But still, he was so considerate with me that time.

Mabilis pero maingat syang tumatakbo noon. I could hear him panting but he never stopped to take a rest. Kahit na may sugat ang binti nya noon at hirap sa pagtakbo. He wanted to take me to the nearest hospital so he could go back to save Ate Eresh. So he could save the Queen he's been serving for all his life.

But on his way back, he died.

I probably will always remember that whenever I'm inside of any forest.

But for Ate Eresh, hindi lang si Enki ang maalala nya. Her pet as well, Nergal, and all of the things that happened to her in that forest.

"You can stay here." Plutus suggested to Ate Eresh at doon pa lang ay  gusto ko na syang patigilin sa pagsasalita. "Kami na lang ang pupunta."

I grimaced. Wrong choice of words, Plutus!

Ate Eresh looked at him. She raised an eyebrow and eyed him from head to toe. Kapag ganito na ang inaasta nya ay alam kong may hindi magandang lalabas sa bibig nya.

"Do you think I'm that weak?" she asked, full of sarcasm.

Plutus smirked at her. Mukhang mas nag-enjoy pa sa inis na nakikita sa  mukha ni Ate Eresh ngayon.

"I never said that you're weak. I'm just saying that you can stay here if you want."

"Ayoko." mabilis na sagot ni Ate Eresh. "And shut up. I don't your opinion or anything from you."