Seth and Lyra Cross Paths..........Well Sorta

Seth had spent most of his day playing video games at his friend, Derek's, house. During one of their games, Derek had an idea.

"Hey Seth."

"What?"

"You wanna go to the roller rink?"

"Sure, why not."

"Alright, let's go."

Derek only lived a couple blocks away from the roller rink. They packed a backpack with some money,sweaters, and a pen.

"Why are we bringing a pen, Derek?"

"In case we get or give some digits," he smirked.

"Maybe you will, but I won't," Seth laughed.

"You never know."

The two friends started their walk to the roller rink after Derek told his mom. As they walked, they talked about school and other things. They soon arrived and pushed the doors open. The music was blasting and lights were everywhere. Teenagers were skating and smiling. A few groups of girls just huddled by the wall watching some of the guys skate. It looked like it would be an exciting night.

After the two boys got their skates, they found a place to put them on. They sat on a bench and laced their roller skates up. Once they had their skates on, they just talked for a little while.

"Alright Seth, let's go."

Seth and Derek got on the rink and started just doing laps while talking. Derek scanned for girls and Seth just laughed at him. Every once in a while he would point one out and go talk to a girl while Seth awkwardly stood there.

On the other side of the rink was Lyra and her friends. They were all laughing at a joke Emily just said, while skating arm in arm. The girls always skated in a chain. If one fell down, they all went down with her. But they have been skating for years, and didn't fall very often.

"So, you found any guys yet, Zoe?"the girls teased.

"Yes, actually."

"Where?" Emily smirked.

"The brunet over there," she said as she glanced in the direction.

The girls stopped skating to get a better look. The boy had brown hair that was styled nicely. His eyes were a nice hazel and his smile was really nice. They decided to go to operation 'whoops'. Operation 'whoops' was when they would skate nearby, and one of them would "trip" by him. The boy would of course help her up, and then talk to her.

The plan never failed. The group skated by, and Zoe "tripped". The boy turned around, sense she fell right next to him. He helped her up.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I can be clumsy at times. I should've paid attention to where I was going,"she babbled.

"It's alright. And are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you."

"So what's your name?"

"I'm Zoe. Over there are my friends."

"Well I'm Derek, and this is my friend, Seth."

Zoe looked back at Seth, but he didn't notice. He was too busy staring at the ground.

"Well, thanks for helping me up. I'll see you later," she smiled.

After that Zoe skated back to her giggling friends. Derek turned around to Seth.

"And that Seth, is how it's done," he bowed.

"Whatever man," Seth laughed.

Seth pushed his glasses up, since they started to slide down his nose. He glanced over at the group where Derek said Zoe went. Seth took a look at each girl.