Chapter 7

ENJOY!!!!!!

[Wildpaw POV]

I stared into the flowing river, my mind racing.

Froststar, the cat who took over Thunderclan for his own gain, was my father!!

I sighed.

"What's wrong?"

I turned to see Swiftpaw walking towards me. He sat beside me.

"I'm just thinking about... about my father..." I told him. Swiftpaw nodded.

"But, you now have me as a father!!" he told me with a playful smile. I smiled back.

"I would rather eat a toad!" I said playfully. Swiftpaw flicked my ear with his tail. We both stared at the starry sky in comfortable silence.

I yawned. Swiftpaw nudged me.

"I think you should get some rest," he told me, but I shook my head.

"I usually stay out," I told him and put my paw into the river to wake me up.

"That's not healthy," he scolded me.

"I know," I purred, "but it helps me gather my thoughts." Swiftpaw nodded.

"Well, I'm going to sleep. See you later," Swiftpaw said through a yawn.

"See you later," I said as he walked towards the apprentices' den.

I turned back to the starry sky.

"Goodnight, Firestar," I whispered, shook out my fur, and started towards the apprentices' den.

Robinkit, Skykit, Shimmerkit, Wishingkit, and Wolfkit sat proudly in front of Darkstar.

"Robinkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Robinpaw. Your mentor will be Ashcloud. I hope Ashcloud will pass down all he knows on to you. Ashcloud."

Ashcloud walked in front of Robinpaw.

"Ashcloud, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Dovefeather, and you have shown yourself to be clever and kind. You will be the mentor of Robinpaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Robinpaw."

Ashcloud and Robinpaw touch noses, and Robinpaw sat by Ashcloud.

"ROBINPAW!!!!"

"ROBINPAW!!!!"

"ROBINPAW!!!!"

"Skykit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Skypaw. Your mentor will be Mapleleaf. I hope Mapleleaf will pass down all he knows on to you. Mapleleaf."

Mapleleaf walked in front of Skypaw.

"Mapleleaf, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Whiskerstream, and you have shown yourself to be kind and determined. You will be the mentor of Skypaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Skypaw."

Mapleleaf and Skypaw touched noses, and Skypaw sat by Acornstalk.

"SKYPAW!!!!"

"SKYPAW!!!!"

"SKYPAW!!!!"

"Shimmerkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Shimmerpaw. Your mentor will be Breezerunner. I hope Breezerunner will pass down all she knows on to you. Breezerunner."