Two

*Hello readers. It's been a little bit since I've updated. Imma be honest with all of you, I haven't been doing well lately. Depression has really been getting the best of me. I haven't been able to get out of bed most days. I managed to finish writing chapter two today as I was having a better day. Hopefully, my mental health will improve so I can continue putting our chapters on a set schedule.

That being said, I hope you all are staying safe. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Remember to vote and comment, I appreciate it.

Until next time*

-LunaMoon

Tabari paces nervously across the floor in his bedchamber. Smoothing over the fabric of his robes, hands quivering as he does so.

Tabari had dressed in his finest attire, hoping to gain enough confidence to attend his eldest son's coming of age.

But just the thought of having to stand in a confined room near so many men made his heart leap with fear.

Tabari's soft footsteps and pounding heart echoed throughout his bedchamber. His nonstop pacing paired with his nerves became worse as time went on. All the while, his husband attempts to quell his rampant thoughts. Attempting, being the keyword.

"Darling, you do not have to attend the ball. Ambrose already told you that-,"

"Bowyn," Tabari interrupts, plopping down on their large bed. "This is our firstborn child's coming of age!"

Bowyn opens his mouth to say that Ambrose wasn't their firstborn in a physical sense. But he decides against it, knowing it would further upset his Queen.

"This will be the most important event of his young life," Tabari continues. "I cannot afford to miss this. I will not be able to live with myself if I let fear take over me. To drive me to the point of cowering away from the very people I rule! I cannot let my fear hinder me from supporting Ambrose."

Tabari, overcome with his conflicting emotions, heaves on a great sob. He buries his head in his hands as tears leak down his flushed cheeks.

Bowyn scoops his little mate into his arms, cradling him to his chest. He presses a soft kiss to Tabari's mating mark, making the younger man shiver gently in his hold.

"Ambrose will not be upset if you choose not to attend the ball. Stay in our bedchamber, I will be right near Ambrose the whole night. He knows you love him and understands why you will not be joining us tonight."

"Bowyn... please, I-," Tabari's fists curl into the silken fabric of Bowyn's robes. His hands shake as they lock tightly around the cloth. "I want to be there for our baby. Please help me."

Bowyn sighs, carding his hand through Tabari's hair with gentle caresses. The soothing motions causing Tabari to lean into his touch.

"If the thought of being around so many men scares you that much, then you should stay in our chamber. The last thing Ambrose wants is for you to feel fear."

Tabari stays silent for a long while. Bowyn listens to his breath slow as he calms, rubbing little circles onto his back. Tabari tilts his head so he can gaze up at his mate. Eyes shimmering with affection.

"Do you remember," Tabari murmurs, his voice taking on a softer tone. "The first time we made love?"

"Of course I do," Bowyn replies, his deep hazel eyes meeting Tabari's. "How could I not? We were connected in the most intimate of ways. It is the day I became yours and you became mine."

Tabari had Lenore and Akio watch Ambrose for the night, telling their younger brothers that they needed a night away from their duties as king and queen.