The Island Fortress

"You look like you've got something to say", Ada said, keeping the boat floored.

"I've something to ask you... but I don't think I'll get a straight answer", Leon stated, "Raccoon City, you know, after the incident, the world changed; you try and save one person; a hundred others die... I guess I changed too",

"You, Leon S. Kennedy", Ada asked, "you haven't changed, you just think you have",

"So, here's my question", Leon asked, the three nearing an island, "have you changed, Ada, or are you just trying to use me again",

"What do you think", Ada asked, slowing the boat down, "we're here", standing on the seat, her foot on the steering wheel, she took out her grappling hook as shot it up, "don't think too hard, handsome, see you later", shooting away from the boat, Leon quickly jumped into the driver's seat to keep the boat steady.

"Story of my life", Leon muttered as Kyra moved up to the passenger's seat.

"She always like this", Kyra asked.

"Pretty much", Leon said, driving the boat to a nearby dock; the two ran towards a nearby opening and pulled out their binoculars, the island was practically a fortress, "searchlights, best get rid of them before going in",

"Found her... by the doorway over there", Kyra stated as Leon looked over where Kyra was pointing towards; approaching a door was Krauser, Ashley was still over his shoulder, unconscious and her hands were bound.

"We need to hurry", Leon said as Kyra nodded her head; putting their binoculars away, the two ran towards the fortress' entrance; staying behind and taking out the searchlights, both were left in the dark, "stay quiet and stay out of sight, take them out quietly",

"Got it, last thing we need is the alarm to sound", Kyra reassured as the two separated, carefully and quietly taking out the infected soldiers that were roaming around, until the alarm went off, one of them had been seen, but who... they didn't know; meeting back up, the two quickly took care of the rest before moving forward, through the fortress and finally entering the base; walking around, the two finally found Ashley locked up in a cell and could only see her through a barred window.

"Ashley, Ashley", Leon called out, his voice getting a bit louder the second time he called out to her, but she was still unconscious, "come on, Ashley, wake up",

"Leon, quiet down, we won't be able to save her if we're locked up again", Kyra stated as Leon sighed.

"You're right... come on", Leon said as the two moved down to the door of the cell only to find it locked.

"Keycard lock... great", Kyra mumbled.

"What level's the lock", Leon asked.

"...Three", Kyra said.

"There's gotta be one around here somewhere, come on", Leon stated, the two moving deeper into the base, and into the dark only to see a creature walking past an entrance.

"What the fuck was that", Kyra whispered out.

"I don't know", Leon muttered as the two made their way down... but the creature was gone; making their way back and grabbing the keycard, the creature returned, but bullets didn't seem to stop it, forcing them to run; running through the base and leveling up the keycard, they finally were able to reach Ashley.

"Ashley", Kyra called out as Leon cut the zip tie around her wrists off; turning her over and onto her back, almost all her veins were black, the parasite within her was growing fast.

"Shit", Leon muttered, pulling the medicine syringe out of his pouch.

"Do it", Kyra said as he nodded his head, injecting the medicine into Ashley, both watching as her veins faded from black to blue.