thirteen

December 2015

"They broke up."

"What?"

Looking up, Y/N knitted her brows at the Polynesian. Normani was beside her also confused, both of them in the middle of playing Uno while Ally also looked up from the bible she was reading. "Camila and Lauren. They broke up." She stated, getting her charger from her bag, picking up her jacket and phone all the way. "I don't know what happened yet - not all of it. Camila came running in the room crying saying they broke up. Y/N, I think you should go check on Lauren."

And then she was out of the door.

Gaping, the three looked dumb founded -  specially Y/N who snapped out of her gaze when Normani nudged her. "What?"

"Go check on Lauren," She told the girl.

"We haven't been - I mean, we haven't been talking lately. . " she trailed, biting her lip. "It's kinda awkward if I check on her. I think it's best if you guys do it." The two only looked at her as if she had grown to heads.

"We would love to do it honey but you know Lauren always had a soft spot for you," Ally urged gently.

"Yeah. And why haven't you two been talking lately? You're always attached to the hip." Normani furrowed her brows in curiosity. "Something happened?"

"I was keeping distance. . remember? Camila always gets jealous when I'm around her. And we've been so busy lately, we barely had time to rest. So I didn't really have time to talk to her or anything."

"Well, she needs you now more than anything so I think this is the best time to talk and comfort her," Ally supported. Y/N sat still on her spot though.

There were million of thoughts running inside her head per second, and she couldn't concentrate or even move. Everything was getting so blurry. Their schedule was so damn exhausting. The PR relationship that she has just ended and the media was fiesting on her name. The backlash she has been getting grew. The problems between Camila and Lauren's relationship. Her friendship with Lauren that was slowly slipping away.

Everything is a mess.

"Y/N!" Normani snapped her out of it again. "You gotta stop zoning out."

"I can't do it," she let out by then, surprising the two. "I just - I can't," she bit her lip. "You guys go to her room, check on her. I really can't Mani. Just please check on her."

Looking at her defeated, Normani only sighed and stood up, getting her phone before dashing out of the room.

She only sighed tiredly.

Later on that night, since her and Normani are sharing the hotel room, Y/N found herself alone in the room. She never saw Normani after she went after Lauren so she thought it was that bad. Lauren is very tough on the outside but she knew how sensitive she is when it comes to situations like this.

She guessed Ally's rooming with her tonight.

When she's done with her night routine, Y/N went over to her bed and laid down, sighing in what seemed the weight she has been carrying over her shoulders. She's worried. Not only because of Lauren, also because of Camila. Camila hated her, she knew that, but that's still Camila. . . the cute, dorky, latina. She has feelings. Even though she and the Cuban didn't have the greatest friendship, she cared for her. Y/N cared deeply for her.

That's why she distanced herself away from Lauren after they had an arguement about her. She didn't want Camila to feel threaten about her in any way. She was looking out for the band and their relationship. That's why she risked her and Lauren's friendship just for them to be okay. . . but now that they broke up - she doesn't know what to feel.