𝟎𝟎𝟒. 𝐡𝐮𝐡, 𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐛𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝟎𝟎𝟒.             𝐡𝐮𝐡, 𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐛𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠

octopus's garden          ────          the beatles

ᯓ★ 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

𝖠𝖥𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖫𝖠𝖲𝖳 𝖭𝖨𝖦𝖧𝖳'𝖲 𝖤𝖵𝖤𝖭𝖳𝖲, 𝖨 𝖲𝖫𝖤𝖯𝖳 𝖤𝖠𝖲𝖨𝖫𝖸. JJ was going to stay over, but he stayed away. He helped me bring John B back home, but then he left immediately after, and I didn't argue with him. Part of me did want him to stay, but I honestly wasn't in the mood to talk, not after he used the gun. I can still hear the gunshots, piercing a sound in my eardrums, and that ultimately wakes me up.

But also, Sheriff Peterkin wakes me up. I'm so surprised to see her standing over the bed that I let out a small yelp. "God, announce yourself."

"Get decent, sweetheart. We need to talk."

Talk? No. No, thanks.

Peterkin leaves, and I revel in a few more minutes to myself before I have to face the music. I wonder if she's here about the gun incident that occurred last night, or maybe she's just genuinely concerned about us. She does visit us quite a bit, especially since discovering that we're being threatened with foster care.

I won't know why she's here until I get up and out of bed.

I dress myself, using clothes that I found on the floor once again. I push my shoes on as I'm pulling my hair back into a ponytail── multitasking at its finest.

I step into the adjoining room, stepping out of my bedroom at the same time John B steps out of his. He's sporting a very ugly black eye. "Morning," I utter, stepping past him to join Sheriff Peterkin who looks anything but pleased.

I'm about to say "Good morning", but she starts rambling first, "Sorry to break in like this, but DCS called. They wanted me to check on you both. See how you kids are doing." My mouth closes, and I look to my brother, and while he looks a little rough, I think we can both agree that we're absolutely fine. "So, how are you both, besides the──" She touches her face, mirroring where John B's black eye is.

"Yeah, fantastic," John B replies, stepping towards the door. "Uh... thanks for comin' by."

"I'm so glad to hear you kids say that, but I heard a few things that worried me. Let me see if I can remember." I look around at our small home, finding it to be extremely untidy. I don't know when this hurricane in our house erupted, but I hate it, and we need to clean. "One of the things I heard was that your Uncle Teddy, your guardian, hasn't been in the state for three months."