Chapter 5

Yawn! Splash!

That was me splashing water on my face and trying to wake at 6 in the morning.

I just don't get why life has to be so hard.

I don't have a particular place to go for an interview but I just couldn't give up. I had to keep searching if I don't want to end up with James.

Thinking about that made me shudder.

I don't know a fate worst than having to end up marrying James.

Except from the fact that he's a spoilt brat. He is a popular womaniser.

I still don't get why some women are ready to be in a bed with someone that looked like that all because of money.

I looked at myself in the mirror imagining how we'd both look on the altar, swearing to be by each other's side forever.

Geez, I don't even wish that for my greatest enemy which happened to be Sadie.

Are you sure you don't?

Well, maybe I do a little.

I stared for a while at my reflection in the mirror and decided to sleep back.

'I don't care whatever happens I'm getting my beauty sleep'.

Just as I laid back on my bed I heard a knock on my door.

Who could it be?

'Who is it?'.

'It's zina'.

'What do you want?'.

'Madam asked me to call you down for breakfast'.

'Breakfast? At 6? What kind of breakfast is that?'.

'Well, I don't know but my guess will be it's because the Davies family are around'.

'What are they doing here?'.

'Well, if you don't mind. I heard them discussing---giggles--about--giggles--how---'.

'Zina?'.

'Yes?'.

'Please stop giggling and get to the point I'm sleepy here'.

'OK... I heard them talking about you and James'.

'What about us?'.

'If I heard correctly.. It sounded like the marriage between the both of you'.

'Oh, I see'.

'Thanks for the information, now go and tell them that the bride is coming to meet her bridegroom'.

'Right away'. She went away giggling.

I stood up and ruffled my hair that looked like an haystack already and opened the door not bothering to change out of my pyjamas.

I'm sure the love of my life would love to see my early morning beauty.

'Good morning everyone' I greeted.

Spotting Mr and Mrs Davies I moved to greet them.

'Good morning, in-laws. Did you sleep well?'.

'Well-uhm- yes we did'. Mr Davies managed to say.

'I'm glad you did'.

'Maya! What the hell are you putting on?'.

'My pyjamas. Why? Don't you want my future husband to see me in it?'.

'I'm sure he doesn't mind. Do you?'.