0.1

- Ashton -

Carrying up tons and tons of boxes in freezing cold weather wasn't my example of a great day.  The sun was hidden behind the dark clouds that blanketed the sky leaving no warmth at all for anyone. Climbing up two flights of stairs to my new apartment was a huge hassle, and since I was new here it's not like anyone could help me move all the shit up and down the rusted steps, so here I was going up and down piling box after box into the small living area. Each time I would pass by the appartment on the first floor I could hear music playing, but I couldn't make out the song since it was muffled through the walls.

Finally, after what seemed like hours I was carrying up the last box my mom had labeled 'fragile' and I assumed it was plates or other glass things. Making my way up the steps carefully I hit my ankle on the step, and down goes the one box I wasn't supposed to fucking drop.

"Shit, shit shit shit."  Glass shards scatter the staircase and I have to think of what to do to clean all this up without hurting me or anyone else in the process. I quickly make it up the steps and walk over to the appartment right next to mine, and knock on the door. Of course they wouldn't be home when I needed them most.

I carefully make my way down the steps, again, and head to the appartment where I heard the music coming from earlier. I knock on the door and within a few seconds the door opens and there stood in the doorway was a girl who looked much younger than me, probably about sixteen, in a grey skirt and socks that reached up to her thighs.

"Can I help you?"

"Oh- uh, yea do you maybe have a broom? I dropped some glass on the staircase and wouldn-"

"Yea, hold on."

She disappears for a couple seconds and then shows up once again with a broom and dustpan in her hands.

"Uh, thanks. I'm Ash, live upstairs now." Her eyes are blank and she nods before speaking up onve again.

"Oh, didn't know Veronica moved out."

"Right."

"Well, see you around." She awkwardly waves before shutting the door.

"Wait! I didn't catch your name." 

"Noell."