CHAPTER 1

Madison's POV
Sebastian: "wake up buttercup"
He says as he walks in and opens my curtains, revealing the bright sun shining into my eyes.
Madison: "Ughh it's too bright, let me sleeeeppp."
i say as i roll over facing the wall.
Sebastian: "You have school today hurry up."
Madison: "Noooo, I don't want to go"
Sebastian: "too bad, now get up before landon finds out you're still in bed. "
madison:" yup okay okay, I'm up."
i quickly jump up out of bed and shoo Sebastian out of my room so i can get changed out of my nightie.
i put on my new uniform and move around to make it feel less crisp. i put on my long, clean, white socks and head downstairs where mum is cooking breakfast.
Mum: "good morning sweetheart"
madison: "morning"

Mum's been acting really nice to me ever since we moved to LA from New Jersey. Mum and I were never really close but when dad became abusive we had to move before anything worse could happen. I'm much closer to my brothers, especially Sebastian. landon -who is the oldest- is 17 and he is very protective of me. while sebastion is 16, is more laid back and chill. i love my brothers more than I'll ever love anyone, even more than mum.

i pour myself some cereal and splash in some milk. i grab a spoon and start slowly swallowing the cereal.
landon walks downstairs wearing his jeans and a grey hoodie.
landon: "alright, mads, Sebastian, let's go. "
he says as he swings his keys around his finger.
i quickly finish up my cereal and sprint upstairs to brush my hair and teeth.  I quickly finish up in the bathroom and then run back downstairs grabbing my lunch off mum. i follow landon into his red Ford, and hop into the back seat. Sebastian gives mum a wave and gets into the passenger seat next to landon.
as we drive i stare out the window and realize.
madison: "shit i left my phone inside the house. "
before anyone says anything Sebastian hands me my phone. he must have got it after i left the bathroom.
madison: "thanks seb"
i smile, before continuing to stare out the window.
landon turns on his radio and plays his shitty rap music, but i wouldn't dare say anything.

Once we finally get to school, landon parks in the middle of the carpark, and i grab my school bag and shove my phone into my pocket. as we head up to the entrance of school, there is a blonde girl, who i realize is landons girlfriend, Vanessa. We walk up to her as she stares at her phone.
landon: "hi baby."
he says kissing her when she looks up from her phone.
vanessa:"hi bubba, and hello seb and mads.
madison: "hi van."
she comes up to me and gives me a hug.
vanessa: " are you excited for your first day of high school?"
madison:"not really, I'm really nervous."
vanessa:"aw that's okay hun, you'll get used to it very quick."
madison:" yeah hopefully"
i say softly.
vanessa:" now lets go and see if we can find avery and lucia for you ay?"
the thought of my best friends right now sounded perfect.
i nod my head and smile at her. she grabs landons hand and the 4 of us head off in search for my best friends.

once we finally find them i give them both hugs.
landon:" okay madison, you have my number if you need it, and you also have vanessa's and seb's too. also we sit at the back of the cafeteria at lunch so you can find me there if you need to. oh and also-"
Sebastian:" okay landon that's enough. she'll be fine. "
Sebastian says cutting him off.
landon lets out a sigh.
landon:" okay mads have a good first day."
he gives me a hug and then Sebastian pats me on the back. the 3 of them leave and then it hits me.

this is the first day of high school.