Chapter 8

There was another door across the room. I really didn't want to go into the room, but I wanted to see what was behind the door. We all looked at each other with the same thought in mind.
"Keep your eyes closed Lily. I'm not going to let you go. I'll guide you to the other side," Sam said, as he began forward. Grace and I followed him. As soon as I could reach the door, I unlocked and opened it. 
It was an office. There were filing cabinets, a desk in the middle of the room with a chair, and a giant closet, which seemed extremely out of place. We all went inside and closed the door. Lily slowly opened her tear soaked eyes and looked at Sam. 
I looked around a little bit. When I began investigating it, the first thing I went to was the closet. When I opened the door, it was like a whole other world. Even though it was gigantic, it was still filled to the top with old toys, pictures, clothes, and other personal belongings. 
"Um, guys?" I called everyone over to me. 
"What the hell?" Grace said.
"Wait. Smit said that her victims' belongings disappeared with them," Sam pointed out. "Is this where all the belongings are?" 
"Search..."
The voice was back. 
What did she mean "search"? Search the closet? We'd be here all weekend.
"No, you won't..."
Wait, what? How did she just hear me? Is she really in my thoughts?
"Not just your thoughts..."
I noticed that I had already begun digging through the closet. I tried to stop but to no avail. She was controlling me. 
"Daisy, what are you doing?" Lily asked me.
"I'm looking for something." My mouth was moving but it wasn't my voice that was coming out. It was the girl's voice. I realized that I was possessed. I was trying to fight against her, but I couldn't.
"Why are you doing that with your voice?" Sam asked.
"What do you mean? I've always spoken like this."
"Are you ok?"
My voice became as deep as a forty-year-old man's. "Never. Been. Better." 
"Daisy? What are you doing? You're scaring us!"
"Daisy isn't here at the moment." Her voice was no longer deep.
"What     do you mean? If you're not Daisy, who are you!"
"You don't recognize my voice?" Everyone ran to the door. "Sorry. I locked the door, and Daisy here is the only one with the key." There was the sound of a grandfather clock, signaling the next hour. "Oh... I was having so much fun. I have to go. I'll be back later."
I felt as if a huge chunk of me left my body. As I fell to the ground, I had control over my own body again. I realized I wasn't breathing that entire time and I gasped for air. Everyone came running over to help me up. 
"Daisy!" Sam yelled as he ran over at lightning speed, "Daisy, are you okay?"
"I -- I don't --" I swallowed. "I don't know." It was hard for me to speak. My throat felt drier than a desert in the middle of the summer. "Water --"
Sam turned to pull a water bottle from his bag, but Grace beat him to it. She opened it and held it up to my mouth. I drank pretty much the entire bottle and my throat still felt dry, but better. Now it just felt like the desert in the winter. I thanked her and reached into my bag to give her one of my bottles so we were still equal on water. We took a break until I felt good enough to keep going.