Three

Another week has past, they did finish practicing but of course Mr. Perfect Nerd Guy wasn't contented. Taeil didn't show hatred to the younger, he was just quite annoyed. He was also worried if he was being honest.

But nevertheless, Taeil didn't lose hope, he decided to confront the younger about the situation. He didn't really expect the younger to respond the answer that the elder wants but he can at least try.

Hey Doyoung❞ the elder called out, causing the younger to look at him, humming. ❝What is it hyung?❞ the younger replied. ❝May I ask, why are you a perfectionist? I mean I'm not complaining and it's totally fine if you are one but is there a reason?❞ the elder finally asked. He then felt guilty, seeing the younger's eyes water.

❝I-I m-mean you can not answer if you don't want to-❞

No, I trust you hyung. Please don't tell anyone❞ Doyoung replied, wiping off some of the tears that fell down his cheeks. The elder nodded in understanding, patiently waiting for the other to start. ❝I-its just that my dad, h-he sees me as a disappointment. When I go home, he's drunk. He's always drunk, and it all started when mom passed away. I miss her, I miss her so much. She always protected me from my father. But now, he just sees me as a dumb, useless gay young teenager❞ the younger confessed, completely crying at this point.

The elder felt bad, he didn't like seeing the younger cry. He also felt guilty for asking and opening up a sensitive topic but in the end it was worth it. He now understands his situation, he now knows the meaning behind every tear and sob the younger was letting out.

Can we not just report him?❞ the elder suggested, causing the younger to look at him at the speed of light. ❝No. My dad is capable of anything, it's dangerous. Besides, I don't want to drag you in our family business❞ Doyoung was right, Taeil shouldn't be dragged into his family business but the elder just had the urge to protect the other.

But he didn't want to intervene....for now.

/

It was the end of the month, the day where they would be performing. Their classmates were currently performing, but after the current one it's gonna be them.

Doyoung was currently clenching tightly on the elder's hand. He was beyond nervous, one of the reasons that the younger told him is because no one has heard him sing before. The latter also feels like he wasn't good enough and people might judge him for his voice.

He had always been so insecure about his voice. He had always wanted to become an idol, but he felt like he was going to be laughed at and he won't be as successful as others.

The elder can feel the other's shaking and sweating palms on his, he actually didn't feel bad this time. He actually felt good and accomplished by making the younger at least a little better by holding on his hand.

He looks down on their hands, seeing that there hand fit perfectly into each other. Taeil then widens his eyes in realization, do I like him? He thought to himself.

His thoughts were then interrupted by their music teacher calling on them to perform their song. The younger had already let go of the elder's hand, making the latter frown.

They were all at the music room so they were sitting on the ground. Doyoung helped Taeil stand up as they both went in the stage like structure in the room. Doyoung sat, being handed the mic as he watched the elder set up his guitar, settling down as he started strumming his guitar.

They say that there's plenty of fish
In the sea
But I was just one of those fishes
Left in the sea
They say it is good
But I just feel so lonely

Dreaming of those nights
That I would be caught
Dreaming of those days
That I would be free
Dreaming all those fantasies

But it's okay because I have a

Paralian, paralian
Paralian, paralian
Paralian, paralian
A paralian to take care of me

Taeil ended with one last strum of his guitar. Silence occured for a moment in the music room, all staring at the two in awe.

But later, the room erupted with cheers and applauses from their fellow classmates and teachers. The two looked at each other, smiling. Guessing that the hard work paid off. Even though Doyoung was a perfectionist, they still managed to do it successfully.

Woah, I didn't know Doyoung could sing❞

Me too❞

Their voices work so perfectly tho

The lyrics were also good❞

The two smiled as they sat back down, being surrounded by their classmates' questions and praises. They felt accomplished and great.

It has been long time since Doyoung felt that if he was being honest. Having a dad who calls him worthless and untalented, he didn't get to experience praises and it made him feel giddy and good.

Ok everyone settle down, I know we all love Taeil and Doyoung but we still have more performances coming❞ their music teacher said, trying to make everyone settle down. They moved on to the next performance but Doyoung couldn't help but squeeze Taeil's hand again in excitement.

Doyoung didn't know what he was feeling, but seeing the elder smile at him definitely did something.

𝙏𝙊 𝘽𝙀 𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙐𝙀𝘿 ⌫

___________________

Disclaimer:
the song lyrics mentioned in the story aren't real lyrics from an actual song, I just made them myself