Chapter 21

Isaac strode into the study room with chocolate cake topped with whip cream in his hand.

'I'm so excited!'

I've had a lot of accidents with adults these days, so I've been hungry all the time.

"Hmph, I didn't leave it for you. Just....It's just that I don't really like sweets."

"Isyac, I enjoyed the sugaw byead you gawe me the othew day." (Isaac, I enjoyed the sugar bread you gave me the other day.)

"I, I won't like you even if you compliment me!"

His ear reddened as he rushed into the study room. Henry only glanced at me before heading for the door without saying much.

I went in tow to the study room where they were sitting. I sat down and scrutinised Henry from head to toe.

'I don't think there's any aftereffects.'

I took a bite of the cake, and my mouth let out an unintentional gasp.

What is this flavour?

'It's so delicious!'

It was different from all the cake I had eaten so far.

The refreshing whip cream that didn't feel too overpowering or buttery when put in one's mouth.

The cake was very moist and fluffy with velvet-like chocolate inside it.

The perfect cake melted gently in my mouth as soon as it touched the tongue.

'They say the patissier from the west wing owns the hands of God. It's not just a rumor after all.'

I was really impressed by the taste of the cake. This was the first time I've ever tasted the cake from the west wing. I usually frequent the east hall, where the VIPs usually stayed.

With both of my hands encasing my cheeks, I said, "Wow, wow!"

Isaac smiled when he saw me.

"Is it that delicious?"

'When I was a beggar, I've starved for more than five days. To soothe the hunger, I would imagine myself eating a delicious chocolate cake.'

The taste was full of warmth that it reminded me of my previous life where I suffered through countless hard times.

"Thwank you so much...." (Thank you so much....)

"No, you don't have to thank me that much."

Isaac was rather embarrassed and rolled his eyes as a reply.

"Would you like to eat the chocolate cake tomorrow morning as well?"