Chapter 2

A/N -  The picture above is Selene.

I wake up to lots of loud noises outside my room door, a few minutes later a maid comes in. She looks like she'd rather be anywhere but here. I give here a look asking her why she's here.

"Alpha said to call you to his office," she told me.

"Ok", I replied wondering why he wants to see me this early seeing as it is just eight in the morning.

She leads me to his office and knocks, he tells us to come in, once I enter I look back and see that the maid who brought me left.

" How was your night my dear ", he said. I cringe with disgust but nod my head in reply.

I notice that he wasn't happy with how I answered him but he chooses to ignore it, I wonder what happened to put him in such a good mood.

As if he knew what I was thinking he replied.

" I changed my mind, we will be having the engagement party tonight, Mary and Jessica here will be helping you so you won't embarrass me in front of my guests".

After he said that there was a knock on the door, two women came in whom I assumed to be Mary and Jessica.

" Be sure to make her look presentable, and give her that dress I gave you earlier", he told them. I wondered what dress he was talking about.

" I guess I'll see you in the later Selene", he said to me. Shivers went up my spine when he said my name, but not in a good way.

Mary and Jessica took me back to my room and introduced themselves, it was then I noticed how pretty they were, I felt so ugly standing next to them.

Mary had long red hair, green eyes and curves one could only wish for and nice olive skin, while Jessica was the opposite, she had nice black curly hair, blue eyes and was tall with nice toned legs and was perfectly tanned. I though was nowhere as pretty, I have blonde hair that reaches mid back, pale skin with boring brown eyes, freckles and guess you could say I have a few curves but nothing really special.

"Ok so first go and take a shower so we can begin", Jessica said as she handed me a towel.

I went to the bathroom and locked the door, after I undressed I looked at my reflection in a mirror, I looked at the scars that ran across my stomach and back making me feel nauseous. After showering I went back out to see lines of makeup on the vanity with Jessica waiting for me.

" Take a seat let's start", she said.

I sat down and she began doing my makeup. I don't know much about music because I never really use it and I never had anyone to teach me so I just watched as she did her thing. An hour later Mary came into the room with a dress which I assumed to be what Alpha Jonathan had been talking about, she laid it on the bed and started doing my hair. 

After two hours they were finally done. I couldn't believe that after this evening I will be engaged to someone I don't love, I wonder what the moon goddess was thinking allowing this to happen.

" Here put this on, Alpha's orders", Mary said to me as I got up to look at my reflection. Jessica had made my makeup light which I was grateful about and my hair was nice and straight but curled at the ends with the sides braided at the back. I looked really good. I turned around and saw the dress. It was very revealing, it had a long slit in the front of the dress with a low v neck.

I really didn't want to wear it.