Chapter 9: The Meeting!

The next day, everyone was up and ready to continue their exploration.

Unfortunately it was a rainy and foggy day, and visibility was limited, but they weren't going to let that stop them. They continued to sail on and hoped to find anything.

Multiple people were monitoring the radio waves to try and find anything, but they had been unsuccessful so far.

It wasn't until the afternoon did they get a signal. It wasn't good and cut out a bit, but they got the general idea.

"...ed reinforcements! Abyssal forces...er then expected! Won't...much longer!"

It then cut off and static was the only thing left. Everyone looked towards Issei, who was in thought.

"What do we do, Shikikan-Sama?" Zuikaku asked.

"Do we know where the signal originated from?" He asked a radio operator.

"Yes sir! Here it is." She replied and showed him.

Issei thought a bit more before answering Zuikaku.

"Zuikaku, I want you and Kaga to launch some recon planes so we can get an idea of what we're dealing with. Ranger, Long Island, Victorious, be ready just in case we need you to send some too!" He ordered.

The aircraft carriers saluted and went to go do as they were told. Everyone watched as Kaga and Zuikaku launched their scout planes and waited for any information. They didn't have to wait long for the information, because Kaga suddenly turned to Issei with a look of urgency.

"There are an unknown number of enemy vessels unlike any I've ever seen before, and twelve Kansen in bad shape. What are your orders?" She asked.

"Bismarck, take the IronBlood fleet and attack the unknown vessels. Kaga, Zuikaku, distract the enemy with your planes long enough for the IronBlood to get there." He ordered.

The girls nodded and do as they were ordered. At the same time, Laura was giving orders to her Eagle Union fleet.

"Washington, you follow them with your fleet! Ranger, Long Island, send planes to reinforce Kaga and Zuikaku!" She ordered.

"Yes ma'am!" They saluted.

"No. Let the IronBlood go by themselves. They need some action. They've been cooped up longer than you girls." Issei said.

They looked like they were about to protest, but backed down begrudgingly.

The IronBlood girls equipped their riggings and sped off to assist the unknown Kansen.

"I hope you know what you're doing, Issei." H-44 said.

"Don't worry. Their tougher than they look. They'll finish this quickly.

Over in the battlefield.

All members of the Kongou-class were damaged, but thankfully not much. Akagi and Kaga were the worst, with Fubuki, Tenryuu, Yuudachi, Atago, Takao, and Prinz Eugen having barely any damage. They were outnumbered and surrounded though.

"What do we do? There's so many!" Fubuki asked.