Chapter three: hide and attack

(Reader POV)

The three of us scatter in different directions. I make my way into the forest to think of a plan to get the bell away from Akira sensei.

I found a spot up in a tree to hide and watch Akira sensei from a distance, waiting to make a move. I decided my best course of action would be to take her by surprise.

I patiently wait until she turns her back before striking. After a while of waiting, she turns and I spring into action aiming for the bell but before I could reach it, she turns to the side and I completely pass her. I quickly stop myself and turn to face her pulling out my kunai ready to fight.

I began to circle her looking for an opening to attack. As I finally find one, I lungs towards her only for her to dodge my attack again.

I keep on running at her trying to get a bell but she keeps on dodging. As I stood back to take a short breath, I decided to quickly turn to attack as she dodges. I then rush in again and as she dodged I quickly put my foot down to turn myself as I went for the bells but she grabbed my arm and threw me over her head and into a near by tree.

"Ow..." I mumble as my back and head aches from hitting the tree. As I tried to get back up to fight, I see her slowly start to approach me, she pulled out a kuni and had a blank expression on her face.

I got up and ran into the forest to get away from her knowing that I was outmatched. I felt like a coward but it was my only decision

I finally stop and decided to hide up in a tree. I rest on a branch and start to think of a plan. As I thought to myself one word kept on appearing in my head, teamwork. After thinking about the fact that our sensei has more experience and skill than us, it would be the only logical reason, though someone would have to be sent back to the academy.

I decided that I was going to find my new teammates and try to convince them to work together and figure out who goes back later. I then take off to find them.

After a while of searching I take a short break wondering where they were. "Um, a little help?" I heard a soft voice above me. I look up to see Rosa tied up in the tree. She shyly smiles and waves before I cut the rope binding her to the tree and catching her. "Thank you for getting me down" she thanked me with a smile.

"You okay?" I ask her and she nods "yeah, I ended up falling into a trap though" she says awkwardly "anyways, I have this idea on how we can take down Akira sensei" I told Rosa "what is it?" She asked curiously "what if we all worked together and get the bells?" I suggested. "But there is only two bells" Rosa obviously pointed out "yeah, but we can figure out what to do later" I told her "it's just that, if we ever want to even get one, we all have to work together" Rosa stayed silent for a bit before saying "ok, I can find Sarah so we can all team up" she said "ok, but how are you-" I began to ask before she started to sniff the air. "This way" she said as she started to go in a certain direction. I was a little shocked at her strong sense of smell but I just decided to shake it off and ask about it later as I followed her.

We ran through the forest until we came across Akira sensei and Sarah battling it out. We both nod and we both rush in to help "hey what are you guys doing!?" Sarah asked us as all three of us took on Akira sensei "well, the only way that we can even get close to a bell is to work together, so what do you say?" I asked her as we kept attacking Akira. Sarah thought to herself for a second "okay fine" she said with a slight pout.

We all took on Akira sensei attacking all at once and we got close to getting the bell a few times but sadly she either dodged us or knocked us away. After hours of non stop fighting, the timer rang. We all groaned in disappointment as we all collapsed from exhaustion preparing ourselves for Akira sensei to fail us.

"While you all fought well, you never managed to get to a bell" she started off "but, you kept pushing yourselves and stayed determined no matter how many you failed to get a bell, and in the end you all came together even though only two of you would pass. Having said that, you all pass" Akira said. Sarah then shot up "Wait, I thought you said we had to get the bells to pass!?" She said slightly confused and annoyed "I did, but this was to test your teamwork skills and you passed" Akira told Sarah.

"Meaning that only saying two of us would pass was meant to throw us off and to work alone" I concluded "you are correct" Akira said while nodding.

"So we pass?" Rosa asked as it processed through her mind "we all passed!" She said cheering happily with a big smile. Sarah just sighed before flopping back onto her back "I need a nap..." she said as she laid there.Rosa and I just laughed a bit at what Sarah said.

We all walk out of the training grounds tired from today's test "hey, we should all head to the hot springs to freshen up a bit?" Rosa suggested "Hmm, sure" I said agreeing "okay, a dip in the hot springs before going home and taking a nap sounds nice" Sarah said with a smile.

We all then make our way to the hot springs chatting away. Tomorrow we all start our first ninja mission as a team, I can't wait.

Sorry that this is shorter than the others and that it took so long to publish. Anyways I hope you enjoyed!