34. In the end

Steve carefully dabbed a swab of cotton bud on Tony's lips, making Tony wince slightly.

The billionaire looked at Steve while the blonde seemed lost in all the wounds of Tony's face.

"Don't I make you puke, Rogers?" He spoke, a mischievous smile played on his lips.

"To be honest, I have been trying to hold it back..." and Steve gagged, making Tony roll eyes.

"You are so unromantic, Steve," Tony's complaint made Steve smile.

"Why didn't you tell me anything, Tony?"

Steve's face was all of a sudden serious. What could Tony reply to that, he went quiet.

"Tell me, Tony," Steve looked into Tony's cognac shaded eyes, wanting to know the truth.

Steve's blue eyes like pierced deep into Tony's soul, and coerced him to tell him everything, "I was too scared," his voice came out small.

Steve sadly looked at Tony, understanding his situation. He leaned in and softly kissed Tony on his lips.

Tony softly whimpered into Steve's lips.

"I won't let anyone hurt you ever again. I will protect you with my life, Tony," Steve softly whispered as he rested his forehead on Tony's forehead.

A tear silently left Tony's eyes as he again kissed Tony's lips. They softly kissed each other's lips while holding onto one another like their life depended on it.

"Promise me you won't leave me?!" Tony softly spoke, his voice so small it reached only Steve's ears.

"I swear on my life!" Steve's words assuring while he got back to kissing Tony's face.

*****

"What are you doing here?" Pepper was shocked to see John when she was expecting Tony to be there.

"You texted Tony, right?" And John flashed Tony's phone while wearing a simple smile on his face.

"John, I know everything about Mary..."

"I know Pepper, I know," John spoke, still wearing a simple smile on his face. It seemed like he did nothing wrong or had nothing to be afraid of.

Pepper was surprised to see John so unperturbed.

"It will kill Tony, you know it right?" Pepper was getting furious with each passing second.

John scoffed, elevating the level of shock in Pepper.

"And what about me, Pepper? Wasn't he doing the same, behind my back?" John lashed out, his eyes had tears of rage.

Pepper could not believe her ears. She held her forehead.

"You hear yourself? John... you never left Marry, you were always with her, way before Steve came into Tony's life!" Pepper was louder.

"And you, Pepper? Weren't you two fucking each other behind my back?"

The poisonous words disgusted Pepper now. She knew no argument would make John realise his mistake.

"I... you are pathetic, John, and Tony deserves better," Pepper turned to walk away.

"Pepper... Pepper, listen to me,"

His words made Pepper turn.

"If I can leave it in the past, then why can't you? I brought you here knowing your relationship with Tony, then why can't you just let it be?"

John's annoyance was visible in his voice but his words only made Pepper smile in contempt.

"I'm going to tell Tony everything, John,"

"And I thought you are a smart woman, a modern woman, unlike Mary..." The silk British accent of John sounded scary.

"You fooled that poor woman too!" Pepper gritted her teeth at John.

"I did not!!"

And in a matter of seconds, Pepper's throat was in John's clutch. Pepper's eyes popped in fear as she fearfully looked at John's enraged face.

"I cannot lose Tony..." John almost cried as he pushed Pepper holding her throat towards the ledge.

"I don't want to do it, Pepper... I'm sorry..." John's voice broke while Pepper could feel her heart pumping in her chest loudly.

"John!" She somehow managed to breathe out but those were the last words out of her mouth.

Tony wore his beanies slightly tilted. But he looked cute.

Tony's eyes squeeze shut when he laughs.

Tony says he doesn't like wearing maroon but looks his best in his maroon jacket.

Tony was so upset when Pepper did not get him burger before his meeting.

A sad smile briefly made its way to her lips, her hair flew violently while her head became numb as she was mid air, falling from the roof, slowly approaching her end.

It is said that you get a flash of your entire life just seconds before you die but Pepper was not surprised when all she could see was Tony's face before finally going blank.

Hello, People! I know it must have become sad for all of you. I'm so sorry for making you read it. It was the part of my plot always. Hope you can forgive me.