02 ᯾ The Exorcist Boy

✔︎ A bright morning
on the rooftop...

"Ah..." Nene closed her eyes as she smiled. "I wonder if a handsome guy would fall from the sky..."

Y/n and Hanako, who sat beside her, looked at the girl in worry. Has she finally gone insane after interacting with an apparition? Y/n thought as Hanako mumbled the girl's name in worry.

The three were in the rooftop, sitting on the ground with a layer of cloth to prevent them from fully sitting on the dusty floor. They were reading a storybook, which Nene had brought in.

"I wasn't being serious." Nene looked away from the two, who were both still staring at her. "I can still make the distinction between reality and fiction."

"I'm glad." Y/n smiled as she placed her hand on Nene's shoulder. "I know you'll get a handsome guy one day, Nene-chan," the girl said. "It may even be today."

"But, you know.." Nene faced Y/n and Hanako. "I'm still doing my job as Hanako-kun's secretary, you know?" Then, she looked down. "Before I knew it, I started waiting for special encounters and romance."

"Special?" Y/n and Hanako both looked at each other, both having the same thought in mind. What did she mean by special?

"Yeah. Like this movie for example."

✔︎ NENE-CHAN THEATER ♥

"A lovely girl from a noble family was taken prisoner by an evil spirit." Nene looked up in thought as she imagined how the image would turn out. "Suddenly, right infront of her, a handsome boy falls from the sky."

"This is defying logic in so many different ways..." Y/n quickly whispered to the ghost boy beside her, who nodded abruptly as he looked at Nene, still, with a worried look on his face.

"He splendidly defeated the evil spirit, and became wedded to the girl..."

"Why am I the one getting vanquished?"

"Actually.." Y/n then took the book out of Nene's hand and checked the page herself. "That would actually be really cool. You know? A boy just suddenly saving you and becoming your husband or something."

And just like Nene, Y/n looked up with her eyes sparkling as she thought of how it would turn out. "Hopefully all.."

"It seems dangerous, so let's not.." Hanako grabbed the book out of Y/n's hand. She looked up, questioning why he'd suddenly do that. Like, come on, Hanako, she was busy thinking about her non-existent love life.