Chapter 1

Just to clear up, Jane in this story has nothing to do with the creepypasta about Jane the Killer. I just like the name Jane :) Enjoy!

Jane's POV

"Do we have to move?"

I lean back against the car window as my brother asks the same question he's been asking for the past two hours. My mother patiently explains the situation to him each time.

"Yes, Toby, you know we do. It's not safe there anymore."

She never says his name, but I know who she's talking about. Jeff the Killer murdered his own family, and he only lived a while away from us. He went on the run, but when gory murder stories in the paper turn up, we all know who it is.

I'm sort of glad that we moved away, but sad. I liked it there, and I had friends. But I'd rather not get stabbed to death.

Another hour later, we arrive at our new house. I open the car door and am immediately hit with freezing cold air. I glance up at the sky. It looks like it's about to rain, but it's hard to tell because it's night.

A few minutes later, the removal truck shows up with our stuff. As if on cue, it starts pouring down with rain.

"Grab your bags and get inside! We'll do the furniture tomorrow!" My dad shouts over the thunder. I wrench open the boot and grab my thin bag, and run to wait for my mum to open the door under a tree.

After a short struggle finding the right key, she pushes open the door. I run inside after her, flicking on the light as I do so.

The light shows white walls and wooden floors. Nice, but not as nice as our old house. I sigh. I'd better get used to it.

I walk up the stairs and dump my bag in the first room I see.

*~.~*

When I wake in the morning, it's already 10:00. I stand up, stretch, and go down the stairs again. Luckily I wake up easily.

I creep past the lounge room where all the others are sleeping and open the front door. Maybe I'll start on unloading the car as a surprise for my parents.

I step outside and look up at the sky. Gray clouds hover overhead again. Good. I like rain. I look over towards the removal truck. I assume the men slept in the truck.

I scream.

There, still sitting up, are the two removalists. Covered in blood.

**********

Hope you liked the first chapter :) Until next time...