Chapter 11 - Katherine

Killian and I spent a lot of time by the river, with me just cradled in his arms as I sat sideways on his lap. While I was staying with him, I noticed he really likes to keep me close, no matter where. But I don't complain, I love how affectionate he is.

After a while, we went back to the clubhouse, cause my stupid stomach decided it won't let me enjoy my alone time with Killian.

As soon as we enter the building I'm met by the sight of scantily-clothed women prowling around the place and a bunch of Killian's brothers sitting in the booths. The guys have a specific routine when they go to work and there are always some of them staying at the clubhouse.

Today the guys staying in are Wrench, Gun, Eagle and Tank, who's keeping Treasure with him, like always. Killian told me that Treasure is Tank's wife, but I heard that they're not married yet. They're engaged and Treasure is Tank's Old Lady, so in the guys' eyes their relationship is pretty much set in stone.

I have yet to ask Killian about this whole Old Lady thing, but I just can't find the courage to do so. Over the last few weeks I've been staying here, some of the guys called me that name and I'd like to know what they meant by it. I don't really know how to react to their comments if I don't know what it means.

"Oh, Kathie! Come join us!" Treasure calls out to me when she notices me walk in, or rather – she sees me being carried in. Killian hasn't let go of me the whole way back.

I grin at the cheerful blonde then turn to Killian. "Can you let me go now?" I plead playfully, smiling at him.

But Killian, being Killian, doesn't even reply, simply carrying me all the way to Treasure and Tank's booth, sitting across the table from them and setting me in his lap. I don't even bother commenting on that, cause he'll just say he doesn't want me to strain my leg. It's been a few weeks since the accident, yet he still frets over me like a mother hen. There aren't many things he lets me do by myself, but I love the attention and affection. My whole life I could rely only on myself and it's so heartwarming to have someone take care of me like that.

"Killer, let the poor girl breathe, will ya?" I'm pulled out of my thoughts by Tank's teasing. He stares at us with pure amusement, not even bothering to hide it as he watches Killian order some food.

"Fuck off, brother. As if you're any different with your lady." Killian taunts with a smirk, adjusting me in his lap so I lean my side against his chest.

"Oh, please. – Treasure giggles, poking Tank's cheek – You, mister, have no right to comment on Killer's antics. Should I remind you what I'm going to do if you bother Killy and Cupcake again?" She grins evilly at him, making him swallow nervously, clearly afraid of the possible repercussions. I know pregnant ladies are often unpredictable, but seeing a guy like Tank, a president of a biker club, afraid of a woman so much smaller than him is hilarious and mind-boggling at the same time. I'm barely stopping myself from laughing at him!

"Whipped." Killian mocks, getting a glare from Treasure and a grunt from Tank.

"Oh you silly Killy... - Treasure smirks - Don't tempt me to reveal your dirty little secret. I'm not sure Kathie will appreciate knowing what you've done." I frown intrigued. What does she mean by that.

Killian's response is immediate – he shuts up. It's amazing how many secrets Treasure knows. She always manages to threaten the guys with something if they get on her bad side. And if that doesn't work, she mentions her friend, Lia, who for some reason scares the men more than anything. I still have no idea who the woman is, but seeing big scary bikers be so afraid of her fury makes me think that she must be terrifying.