Chapter 2

Andrei's POV

"ANDREI WAKE UP!" I groaned as I hear my sister yelling. Bumangon ako at naglakad papunta ng pintuan. "What do you want Anne? It's early in the—" I wasn't able to  finish my sentence when I saw my sister crying.

Hinawakan ko ang kamay nya at hinila para mayakap. I sighed quietly. "Its okay twin." I whispered. Anne sometimes get nightmares because of her past. I feel my anger rise up as I remember what happened to her.

"Can I sleep here?" she asked me with tears running through her cheeks. "Please." She whispered softly.

I nodded while wiping her tears, "of course. You can sleep in my bed. I'll stay up until you fall asleep." I said and smiled a little. Tiningnan nya ako at niyakap, "thank you."

Humiga sya sa kama ko at halos wala pang 10 minutes, tulog na. Lumapit ako sa kanya at inayos ang kumot, "I will protect you."

I looked at my phone to look at the time. 4:30 am. Hmmm maybe I can go for an early jog? Yeah I'll just do that. But before that I texted my girlfriend.

to baby:
"Good morning babe. Text me when you wake up. I love you."

I put my phone down as I went to the bathroom to wash my face and change to active clothes. Pababa na ako ng hagdan nang nakita ko si papa.

I stared at him, "gwapong gwapo ka ba sakin nak?" He laughed. I rolled my eyes and said, "mas gwapo naman ako sayo."

He wiggled his eyebrows, "pero sakin mo nakuha ang kagwapuhan mo." I smirked. I guess I'll let him win this one.

"Whatever dad, I'm gonna go jog for a little. Are you off to work?" Hmmm. Should I tell him about Anne's nightmares? But my twin made me promise not to tell them. Ugh this is hard.

"Ah oo. Punta ako ng Batangas para tignan yung bagong site para sa apartments na gustong ipatayo ng mama mo. Alis na ako ngayon para hindi traffic." dad said. "Okay take care."

Pagkalabas ko ng bahay, isang babae agad ang nakakuha ng attention ko. I squinted my eyes to see if I know her.

I was walking towards the girl and suddenly stopped. What the hell am I doing? I thought to myself. I shook my head and went the other way to jog.

While I was running, I saw the girl again. I stopped. It's her. Should I approach her? Hindi pa nya ako nakikita kasi busy sya sa pagtakbo. I slowed down my running waiting for her to catch up. I looked down to see if she's the type to go to the gym. I stopped when I saw her ass. "DAMN" I whispered to myself.

When she finally caught up, she looked at me. Medyo natigilan siya pero kalaunan , she removed her airpods and said "hey" with a shy smile.

"Hey, you new here?" I asked. "Ah yeah, I guess you can say that." sabi nya na medyo hingal. "I'm Elena, you are?" sabay abot ng kamay nya.

As soon as I touched her hands, my heart started beating fast. Wtf? Why? But God, it's so soft. "I'm Andrei." We started running again. Gusto ko ulit siyang kausapin pero halos walang lumalabas sa bibig ko.

I was about to say something when her phone rang. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I couldn't stop especially when I saw her smile and say "okay, I love you too."

Is that her boyfriend? I shook. It's none of my business. May girlfriend ako. Pero bakit parang interesado ako sa kanya? Ugh. This is frustrating. Bahala na.

Elena's POV

Nagising ako ng mga alas kwatro dahil sa katok sa pintuan. "It's open." I said. Tiningnan ko sino pumasok, si papa lang pala. He turned on the lights and walked towards me.

"Anak, nagising ba kita? Pasensya na." he said. "No dad, its okay. Are you going to work?" I said, a little sleepy.

"Hindi nak, mamaya pa. Pero kausap ko kasi mama mo sa skype, gusto kang kausapin."

"Sige po, I'll just wash my face." he nodded and left my room.

My mom and I, we're close but not that close. Between them, my dad is my bestfriend. My mom scares me sometimes because of how serious she is. She doesn't like disappointments at dahil dun, palagi akong naprepressure.

"Hey mom." I said. Busy na naman sya kakatype sa laptop nya. Work again. Like always. She looks very serious. I rarely see my mom smile.

"Elena, how are you?" she said seriously.

Lumunok ako, "okay lang po ma. Kayo po?" She looked at me. "I'm good. How's school? What's your plan?"

"Sa Padilla University po mama. Enrollment next week. Samahan po ako ni manang mag enroll."

She looked at me and raised her eyebrow, "That's a good choice. That's where I graduated —- " Here she goes again, talking about how she graduated college at the age of 19, that she was the valedictorian, that she received alot of awards.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mom and I appreciate her but sometimes I wish she understands that we're two different people. I came back to my senses when she called my name.

I smiled a little , "opo ma. I'll study hard."
"Good, I gotta go. Where is your dad?"

Naglakad ako patungo sa labas para tawagin si papa, "Dad , mom's looking for you." He looked at me with those eyes again and mouthed, "you okay?" I only smiled.

"I'm gonna go running outside. Is that okay?" I asked and he nodded. I changed my clothes and went out the house.

While running, I saw a guy and it felt like he was almost waiting for me to catch up to him. Binilisan ko kunti ang takbo ko para tignan kung tama ang hinala ko. When I looked at him, he was looking at me.

I shyly smiled, "hey." Damn, he's very handsome.

"Hey you new here?" He asked. I mean am I? I used to live here but moved when I was 12. I guess it's a little complicated.

Andrei.. gosh he's so cute. I can feel myself blushing. I bit my lip.

I was about to say something when my dad called me.

"hey princess I was just letting you know I'm on my way to work. I cooked you breakfast. Call me when you need anything, alright? I love you."

I smiled. I have the sweetest dad, "okay, I love you too."

I looked at him again and saw him staring at me. Well this is awkward. I think he noticed that I caught him , he chuckled. "I'm sorry."

I laughed, "it's okay." We talked more until we finally reached my house. I also found out that he lives next to me.

Papasok na sana ako ng bahay ng hinawakan nya ang balikat ko, "ah yes?" I asked.

He shook his head, "wala wala. I just wanted to say it's nice to meet you." I smiled, "yeah you too."

He whispered something but I couldn't hear it. Tatanungin ko sana pero nagpaalam na sya at patakbong umuwi sa bahay nila. I chuckled, "weirdo."

Andrei's POV

FUCK, I AM DOOMED!

—————————-<3——————————