Two Golden Rings

THE NEXT DAY

Eclipse stood on the balcony of her private building in Zimbabwe, staring out at the people that were all in her control. Every single one of them would do whatever she asked, which pleased Eclipse greatly. Through all of her life, even since her younger years, domination of an entire society was near the top of her list. Complete control of a person was a complex thing to imagine, but now she could see it firsthand. 

"Nightmare, dear?" called Eclipse, making the young villain turn her head in surprise. 

"Y-yes?" she replied, brushing back a few stray hairs from her face. Her eyes were almost bloodshot from working on the Beautification, being that she hadn't slept for several days. She was willing to work unreasonably hard, however, as she had nowhere else to go. 

"Are you certain that this procedure will be flawless?" questioned Eclipse, toothily grinning at Nightmare. Her teeth were unnaturally pointed, similar to Toga's, but were even more terrifying.

"I'm positive," she answered, faking a tiny smile to reassure her superior. Eclipse was about to respond, but was interrupted by the presence of Jester, the masked villain with impressive paper manipulation. 

"Madame Eclipse, there's a problem below," whispered Jester, not removing his mask. "Apparently, one of our newly recruited soldiers has done something naughty. He tried to escape the country and call for help." 

Eclipse glared at Jester in rage, almost slamming her fist down because of the new knowledge. "Has this situation been dealt with, Jester?" 

"It appears so. He has been imprisoned down below, but not killed without permission. I imagine treason is a punishable offense," wondered Jester.

Eclipse tilted her head to the right, referring to Nightmare, who was typing quickly on her laptop. "She's a brilliant girl, you know. She's the reason why we've gotten this far. I can't even picture what amazing thing she's doing at this very moment." 

"I'm just talking to a friend," interjected Nightmare, closing her computer to get a drink. She made sure that she was alone before settling down in one of the lounge areas, and retrieving a bottle of whiskey that was left by Eclipse. 

She took a moment to remember what she was doing, and how much it would impact the world. In her mind, life was the most fragile thing, as one small action could gradually change the entire world. Nightmare kept a neutral expression on her pale face as she reopened her computer, finally disabling every single Agency's defense systems with the press of a button. 

Nightmare had been hovering over that one simple button for hours. 

Stake went along with Jester to check the prison, expecting to find the traitor locked up inside. There was one man inside the entire jail, with ragged clothes and barely any hair. 

"What is the purpose of anything you're doing? To cause chaos?" the man inside questioned, refusing to even face the villains. He was a Zimbabwean citizen that somehow escaped the fear that enveloped all of his allies. 

"We follow the guide of the man that Eclipse follows. Ssshe has more wisdom than I've ever known," hissed Stake, while Jester stood still next to him.