Lesson 3

Life has taught me that you can count your friends on the fingers of your hands..

Friends… the best people in the world. We need them the most in our lives. We cannot live without them. They can make us feel every emotion in our lives. Let it be hatred, love, jealousy, misunderstanding or maybe anything. Friends blind people in a bond of love, mutual trust, understanding and loyalty. Friendship is a relationship which involves mutual self respect, trust, loyalty and affection. Good friends enjoy each other’s company, share the same interests and are loyal to each other. 

A friend is someone who stands by us, even during difficult times. It requires honesty and mutual understanding and has to be nurtured with devotion and patience. Just as it takes patience grow a garden, in friendship, too. First a seed is planted and then is has to be taken care of, nourished and watered daily. One has to tend it with love and care.

Friendship is man’s emotional and psychological necessity. You can share your feelings, frustrations and happiness with your friends. You can also depend upon your friend for keeping your trust. 

A true friend never lets up down even under most threatening circumstances. He/she will never betray you even under pressure. 

Everybody has friends. But only some people are lucky enough to have true friends. So if you’re lucky enough to have such true friends, then never let them. You may have many friends. Friends may come and go. But there will be some friends who will not leave. They will be your true friends who will not leave your side even during difficult times. My mum told me that “only your true friends will be by your side during your difficult times.” Other friends may just leave. 

Sometimes even your close friends may betray you. You can’t help it. You will doubt your own self that have I done something wrong? I’m not saying that you may not be wrong. Of course you can. But only a true friend will forgive as well as forget and still be your friend. If she/he just walks away then she never was your true friend. 

There’s a saying which is perfect for friendship. It says, “If you love something, let it free… if it comes back to you then it was yours and if it does not then it never was.” 

It’s personally my favorite quote and it is 100% true.  

Every friend of yours will say that they care for you. And we will believe them because we don’t know their true colors. It is during the hard times of your life that you will get to see the true colors of the people who say they care for you. 

Let me tell you guys one thing, everybody isn’t your friend. Just because they hang around you and laugh with you does not mean they are for you. Just because they say they got your back, does not mean they will not stab you in it. People pretend well, my dear friends. Jealousy sometimes does not live far. So know your circle. At the end of the day, real situations expose fake people, so pay attention. 

There will be many people who will be friends with you only because of maybe your outer appearance or maybe because of your money or maybe because you are intelligent and you might help them. You won’t be able to recognize them at the same moment but later as time goes you will realize who was your true friend and who was just using you. You can’t help it. People will use you. It is up to you if you want to be used or not. You have to stand up for yourself. 

Just think back when you were in were in pre-school or in school. You had so many friends back then. And as time goes, some people will be in touch with you and some may not. I’m sure at some point of time you will miss all of them whether they are in your life or not. But it does not mean that we will stop living. We have to let go and move forward. 

As we grow up, we do not lose friends. We just learn who our real ones are. 

-------------------------

hey,

Hope you guys like this chapter .

Let me know what you guys think of it.

Love, yamsdenagelis.