II. Second Time Around

"If it is meant to be, it will be."

"Hi, D-dara. This is Kiko. I know, I am the last person you'd want to hear from that's why I can only leave you this voice message. I... I heard you came back to visit your family. Can we p-please meet and talk? This is about him. Please?"

July, 2019

Reaching the last part of the voice message, Dara found her hands trembling, tears falling, and heart wrenching. She clutches her chest and blinks her eyes rapidly as she exhales a heavy breath.

Three years have passed, she thought she had moved on. It has been three years when she decided to run away from pain, yet one voice message brought back the memories she chose to forget.

Slowly putting the phone down, she turns her head to the window and stares at the sky outside. A small smile lifts at the corners of her thin lips as she harshly wipes the tears on her cheeks.

'Why am I crying?' she thought as a dry laugh escapes her mouth. 'It's just a voice message, Park Sandara, for goodness' sake. You did not leave the country to come back this weak.'

Right.

She loved, yet heavens chose to punish her. She left with heartaches of the past, and now she's back with only the good memories. With a remembrance of good memories.

A trained smile appears on her lips as she shakes her head. She had dealt with worst, a simple talk over a coffee with the girl her ex-boyfriend cheated with can't hurt.

Years ago when she decided to move on, and she did. Maybe this talk is an opportunity to close that painful chapter of her life. Maybe after this, she can finally bury the nightmares of the past.

Dara straightens her back and unlocks her phone.

She's no longer the weak Park Sandara who sacrificed and left in order to give way for their happiness. She is now better and stronger— the greatest revenge for all the pain she had experienced.

After tapping on the send button, she sighs and smiles. 'You are the better version of the Park Sandara from three years ago. You have everything you need now, that is all that matters.'

A knock on the door catches her attention. She placed the phone on her bed and stood up.

"Boo!" A small voice exclaims right on her face when she pulls the door open. Her parted lips stretches into a wide grin.