The Princess And The Servant

( This story is strongly inspired by the anime "Akatsuki no Yona".)

This is the Kingdom of Konoha, known for its strong history of war and it's once powerful king. The royal family, Hyuuga was a famous name across the world but ever since Hyuuga Hiashi took throne, things have become uneven. People always thought that his older brother, Hizashi Hyuuga would take the throne as he had strong capabilties fit for a future king. However, when King Hagome Hyuuga chose his successor he chose the weak yet gentle Hiashi. Ever since then, there have been conflicts of rebellion in the country and a civil war broke.

It became even worse after Hyuuga Hizashi was reported dead. He was said to died due to an incurable illness. He left behind his only son, Hyuuga Neji who was considered a genius and excelled greatly in many areas of skill. He had a strong relationship with his cousin, Princess Hinata. She is the only daughter of King Hiashi and the one she marries will be crowned the next king of the country. Alongside Neji and Hinata was Naruto. He was from the Uzumaki clan, known for it's unique fighting skill and he was set to serve Hinata as her guardian forever. The three were once childhood friends, until a certain incident broke their relationship, forever.

~X~

"Princess Hinata! How long are you going to decide what you are going to wear?" yelled a servant.

"But I have to look good, especially when "he's" coming today!" said Hinata as she fixed her hair.

"You mean Prince Neji?" sighed the servant.

"Don't be like that Yumi! I've always admired Neji-sama since the beginning!"

Soon, Hinata found a dress that she really liked as she joyfully went out. She walked along the outdoor corridor until she was stopped by a familiar man.

"What do you want Naruto? I have to see Neji!" said Hinata as she stared at Naruto.

"Ha! You in a dress like that? I doubt it!" teased Naruto as he placed his large katana on his shoulder.

"Whatever! I need to get going!" said Hinata as she pushed Naruto away.

"She never stops loving him huh?" sighed Naruto as he stared at the slowly, dissapearing image of Hinata as she went off to see Neji.

~X~

"Neji-sama!" said Hinata as she opened the door to see Neji sitting on a table.

"Oh, Hinata-sama. What brings you here?" smiled Neji as he patted Hinata's head.

"I heard you came back after a long journey!" 

"Yes, by the way I bought this for you." said Neji as he handed a red hairband to Hinata.

"Wow, thank you Neji-sama!" smiled Hinata with joy as she immediately tied her hair with the band.

"You look beautiful." said Neji.

"Neji-sama, General Kouka is waiting for you." said a servant.

"I'm sorry Hinata but I have to go now. I'll meet you later at the dinner okay?"

"Alright!" nodded Hinata as she left the room. She smiled as she touched the band she tied.

"Oh? A present from Neji?" said a familiar voice from behind. It was Naruto who had a mischievious grin on his face.

"What do you want Naruto?" 

"Well, I am supposed to protect you so I have to follow wherever you go"

"Whatever, I have to go change for the dinner tonight"

"Huh? Change? You did all that for Neji to see huh? Too bad he didn't say anything about your dress" teased Naruto.