Writing Prompt 1: Version 1

I didn't think the job I would get today would be this. I was just sitting in the bar, waiting for someone to give me a job, then here comes a little girl- she couldn't be more than 10- and handed me a total of 15.94 dollars. "I know you kill bad people for money. I know that I probably don't have enough money for you to actually do anything. I need you to kill my daddy. He hurts me and mommy and my little brother. I don't want him to keep hurting us. Can you please help me?" She said. I could barely believe my ears. This child is standing here in front of me and asking me to kill her father- her abusive father. She's right, it isn't enough money for to take the job, but I'll do it anyway. I'll do it for free. A child shouldn't have to ask me for this, but this world is a cruel place so I'll do it anyway. I take a good look at her. She stands there like she could take on the world, but I see her as she is. A small child looking for a way to be rid of her family's abuser. I'll be the way out for her. "Sure kid. I'll do it. Take your money back though. There's no need for it. Tell me where you live, where your father works, and what times your family isn't home." She looks surprised at my words. I suppose it is a bit surprising. I'm refusing her money and taking the job, but despite the fact that I'm an assassin, I'm still human, I still have compassion. "Well kid. I'm waiting. I need information if I'm gonna kill him." She still seems a bit shocked but quickly gives me the information. "Alright kid. It shouldn't be long. No more than two days to get everything ready and to actually kill him. Go on and get back home. I'll be there to take of him soon. Just hold out a bit for me." She nodded her head. After she left I started planning. This abuser that calls himself her father won't be alive long enough to see the end of the week. I'll make sure of it.

This was by Lee. Give me some feedback please. Any type of help is appreciated. I hoped you enjoyed it and I'd love to know what you'd write with this prompt.