Chapter 14

This was getting worse by the second. Cyclopes asking about me and killing people over it? I had to get to the bottom of this, especially if this was to happen at one of the games. I was pretty sure the cyclops meant one of the upcoming hockey games, it was the only one I could see myself going to. Especially because I kind of had to because I was part of the awesome cheer team.

"Daphne?"

I turned around, looking up at a stoic faced Hector. "I am alright."

He didn't say anything, just continued to walk slightly behind me, watching anything and everyone passing us.

When we reached the door of my room, I turned around. "I'll be taking a nap until dinner time so go and enjoy whatever you are normally doing."

Without a nod or even a goodbye he turned around and left me alone. With a sigh I enter my room only to be greeted by a laughing Liv. "I cannot believe you joined the cheerleaders."

I shrugged. "Why not? It isn't that bad."

She snorted. "Sure. Especially because all members are of the lineage of Aphrodite."

I shrugged again. "It really isn't bad. And it annoys Hector so that's a bonus."

"What's his deal anyway?", Liv asked, falling back onto her bed. "He keeps following you around like a lovestruck puppy."

"More like a bodyguard", I mumbled.

"You got him as a bodyguard? Where can I sign up?"

"It isn't that great", I dampened her excitement. "Mostly it is annoying as hell and I just want him to stop. He even waits in front of the bathroom."

Liv burst out in laughter. "Any other girl would kill to have him at her side."

"Well, I'd hand him over for free."

We bickered some more until she asked the question that really bugged her mind. "Why did you get a bodyguard though? From what I have heard you can handle the sword pretty well."

I sighed. "Coach calls him my protector. He is literally there to fight my fights for me, so my father doesn't get mad when I get killed again and kills the whole school."

Her eyes got big. "You think your father would do that?"

I shook my head. "I don't think so. Every person has a time to die and he knows that. He cannot influence that time to his wish." At least that is what I hoped. Especially because he didn't kill Karl when he so foolishly shot me.

"That means I can kill you and won't have to face the wrath of the god of death himself?" Liv sounded way too excited about that.

"Oh, I think he won't be pleased", I answered, grabbing fresh clothes to head for the shower. "But the wrath you will have to face is mine when I come back."

Liv smirked. "Good to know."

At exactly six o'clock it knocked on our door and Hector stood in front of me, ready to escort me to dinner. I tried to ignore his presence at our table, but it wasn't really possible because the whole student body watched us. Apparently, it was the latest gossip that the Hector Flores sat at the same table as the daughter of death. I wasn't very fond of that nickname.

"I took the liberty and brought you your uniform", Aphrodite girl said and handed me a paper bag. "You should be a size smaller than me but if it doesn't fit come to my room."

I pulled a skirt and top out, both bronze with red highlights. The top was long-sleeved and had 'Spartans' written across the front in sparkling red letters. Luckily, the skirt wasn't that short, and it looked pretty decent.