01 Captain

"Congratulations on making captain, Tay!" Tay's best friend and teammate greeted him as they dined in the Great Hall for the first day of the new term.

"Thanks, Off." Tay smiled at the chaser.

"Well it kinda is expected. Slytherin star chaser who single-handedly won all the last four quidditch cups for us. He was supposed to be captain last year if it weren't for Frank." Gun, one of Slytherin's beaters joined in.

"Hey. Don't forget that I declined." Tay explained. "Besides, it's a team sport and Victor deserved captaincy. He was a great player too. Best seeker in Hogwarts for years. And he just made pro."

"Well good for him. So, what are your plans for this year, captain?" Off asked.

"It's an intact team aside for the seeker position. And I already got a prospect. See that kid?" Tay pointed to a first year who was in front for the sorting ceremony.

"Frank Higgs."

"That first year?" Off and Gun cried in chorus.

"Seeker potential. I offered him the spot over the summer."

"What the hell are you thinking? He's not even sorted – "

"Slytherin."

"How?" Gun gave that confused look at Tay.

"He's a Higgs. His father was a Slytherin seeker back in the days."

Their conversation was halted when the headmistress spoke. "This year, we also welcome a foreign student who has been admitted to Hogwarts. Given his previous academic records, he will join us as a fifth-year student. Tonight, he will also undergo the sorting ceremony to determine which house he will be joining. Thitipoom Techaapaikhun?"

"What kind of name is that?"

"Shut up, Gun. That's probably Thai." Tay threw a daggering look at his friend. Being half-Thai himself, he took offense on that joke.

"Hufflepuff." The sorting hat announced thunderously.

"Wow! An Asian in Hufflepuff. I absolutely thought he'd be Ravenclaw." Gun joined the other students in applauding

"Uh, are you forgetting that I'm Asian as well?"

"Half-Asian. And you're the dumb type."

"Fuck off." Tay rolled his eyes with another insensitive joke.

"Duh, been doing it for a year now."

-

A/N

Only New is Thai in this fic. Tay is half Thai. The rest are assumed to be British.