04 Detention

"Mr. Plumpton. You already won when you disarmed him. That offensive spell was unnecessary. And the fact the he has his back turned against you was utterly wrong." Rakepick scolded Tay before turning to New. "and you, long name."

''New," he replied softly.

"New. What the hell did you do?"

"Um. I didn't realize wandless magic isn't allowed." New spoke through his crude smile

"Wandless magic. Well it is not. Well is it?" Rakepick was unsure. "I don't really know. We haven't had any wizards who can perform wandless magic at such a young age." He continued in awe.

"Nevertheless. For your detention, since Mr. Filch is currently not quite well. You two are to clean the entire sixth and seventh floor corridors. And on top of that 50 points each will be deducted from Slytherin and Hufflepuff." Tay grunted loudly with the punishment while New politely smiled. "Now go on. The dirt won't clean itself."

"You take the sixth, I'll take the seventh." Tay commanded as they reached the corridors.

"Uh." New was about to say something when Tay just left to clean upstairs.

It didn't take a while when New went up to check on Tay. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm done with the sixth. I didn't know Hogwarts gave such light punishments." He laughed earning a weird look from Tay.

"What? You must be kidding me." Tay was agitated with how he thought New was mocking him and trying to do away with detention.

"C'mon Tay. We're wizards." New rolled his eyes as he motioned Tay to step aside which he did. He pointed his wand at the corridor in a sweeping motion while his left hand did the opposite side.

"That's pretty cool." Tay softly said as the entire corridor got fixed and all the dirt gathered to the side.

"Now that we're done, wanna hang out somewhere?"

"Hang what?"

"Come. I know a place." New grabbed Tay by thehand and dragged him a few yards from where they were standing.