Chapter 1: nobody expected

help. I wrote all of this 4 years ago. Most of it is really bad but the newest chapters are 10x better TRUST! I'm going though and editing as much as I can to try and help this fic. also oh my god what was wrong with me. my old author notes ARE INSANE LMFAOOOOO i'm going to leave them in here for u all to enjoy 😝

꧁ꕥ꧂

  The day started like any other, the sun rising up on the horizon, birds chirping happy little songs.

In rural Korea, a group of lonesome scientists conducted a brand new study on a virus they had just discovered.

It was strange, they did many upon many tests. On Different scenarios, different environments, species, etc. They didn't know what they were getting into.

      You see, one of the tests they did was infecting a small family of rats with the new virus. It was absolutely horrifying to watch how it took over the minds of the small rodents. The once peaceful little creatures turned ravenous, trying to seemingly eat the uninfected that were in the cage with them. They were violent, cannibalistic, and terrifying.

    They had it in containment, at least they thought they did. They didn't realize the virus was easily spread. That tad bit of information hit them like a train, everything came crashing down when one scientist got bit by a test rat.

    The bite wasn't big, just a small mark of two little teeth. It took a while, it really did. But soon enough the scientist was slowly being infected, the virus turning them.

     The whole lab got infected, turns out once you're infected you basically turn into a mind dead corpse. Awesome right!

     The victims coworkers were unsuspecting, research on the virus has still been very little. They thought that it wouldn't infect humans the same way it did to small rodents. But oh how they thought wrong.

    You could say it was because the lack of precaution they took, or you could simply say they were being absolute idiots for underestimating the new virus. Or you could simply state it was a mixture of both. Whatever it was, it low and behold led to the downfall of the planet.

     Also, you're probably thinking to yourself, how did it spread so far if it was being studied in a remote lab in the first place? Well, turns out the virus was also airborne! But no one knew that yet.

꧁ꕥ꧂

    "wake up sweetie!" A soft, feminine voice called out into her daughters room. Her quiet voice traveled throughout the small, Quaint space. Her small, crescent eyes gazed upon the clean room. As her toes sunk into the plush carpet in which lined the floors, giving a cozy vibe.

"Honey, wake up schools in 20 minutes!, Your brother is already wanting to leave." The women pressed on sounding a bit more agitated, her daughter was always up and ready before 7:00, but it was almost 8:30! Shes gonna have to get ready at the speed of light if she wants to make it to school in time. The women thought, as she took a few more steps into the room.