Chapter 2

Patton and Emile arrived home sighing. They parted to change to their traditional Japanese clothes.

Yes, traditional. They had a bit of ascendancy and tradition passed down to them by their mother before...they're parents seperated.

They went to the backdoor opening it and sitting down as they weave the thread. Their town might be close-knitted and small. But they were known for their Braided cords and a bit of Asian festivals.

Emile groaned as he mixed up the thread. "Why can't I used the one your working with? I can do it too..."

Patton chuckled. "Well, Grandma did say that you're not yet ready." Emile rolled his eyes. "I can be ready..."

Speaking of their grandmother she opened the sliding door and entered the room.

"Emile you know fully well why you are not ready yet." Their grandmother said before sitting by the corner also weaving.

"How come Patt is ready? ...he's only a year older..." Emile pouted as Patton ruffled his fluffy hair. "Well, I'm the eldest. I was taught when I was very young while you were watching cartoons."

"Hey! You watch with me too!!" Both of them giggled before continuing weaving threads.

"Concentrate you two." Their grandmother sighed. "1000 years of history is etched and woven on our braided cords. Listen, 200 years ago..."

"Here she goes again." Patton muttered playfully earning a giggle from Emile.

"A Sandal maker Mayugoro bathroom caught on fire and burned down this whole area. The shrine and old documents and this is known as..."

"The Great Fire of Mayugoro." Patton said with pride.

Emile pouted. "The fire was named after him? Poor Mayugoro..." Patton reassured him with a small smile and a pat on the shoulder.

"That's why the meaning of our festivals became unknown and the form lived on. But even if words are lost, tradition should be handed down. That's the important task the shrine that we have...But those foolish parents of yours. Leaving their duties behind and parted to what? Live for their own personal gain. How hopeless..."

Patton and Emile looked at each other sadly. They didn't know the full reason why their parents left. Usually when everything is down Patton would just crack jokes and Emil would answer with a cartoon references.

But...now is not the time. Once they finish with their braided cords they went back inside their house changing out of their traditional clothes to their Priesthood Ritual clothes.

---------------------------------------

Janus watched Patton and Emile perform their ritual dance.

"Sup." Virgil said while going next to him keeping a short distance.

Janus rolled his eyes. "Hey." He said quietly.

Small crowds of people watch the two siblings perform leaving some comments here and there.

"Is that really Patton and Emile?"

"They both look just like their mother."

Virgil then started to mutter. "Kuchikamizake, the oldest form of Japanese sake. Rice which is chewed and then spit out, then fermented to be alcohol."

"Virgil I didn't know you were such a nerd? Did you do a little advance reading for our History class?" Janus teased which earned a growl from Virgil.

"Shut up." He looked up at the night sky. "Do the Gods even want that?"

"Of course they would! It's alcohol!" Janus muttered clearing his throat.