I'm back

What I saw when my vision cleared was the familiar ceiling of the hospital room.

  "Kim!"

  "*cough*"

  "Here, have some water." Way? Why is he here?

  "Why are you here?"

  "Ow! You suddenly fainted! Why would I not be here if I'm not worried about you?!" Worried? Wait... I drank water. I felt it move down my throat.

  "... I'm back!!" I hurriedly got off the bed, I wanted to see Pan. I had to see if she was okay. "Kim! Where are you going? You just woke up. You're still weak."

  Ignoring him, I stubbornly made my way to Pan's room. I remember the room number, many times I would float over to check up on her. (Well her body?) Pushing open the door, I saw her sitting up on the bed still in the hospital gown. "P'Kim! You're awake!"

  "Pan, you're okay right? Are you okay? I'm sorry na, I caused you all that trouble. Phi is really sorry." She smiled gently, "P'Kim... It wasn't your fault. Nobody wanted things to be like that. I'm fine see? You're the one with the wound, not me."

  "No, I mean, your heart... Is it okay?" She nodded, "Mm. It's okay, I understand now. Why we couldn't switch back."

   Now I'm confused, "Why? What do you mean?"

  "Phi, I think you should sit down. You just woke up... By the way, I'm still not used to seeing you two this close."

  "Nonsense, she's my precious nong. Why are you here anyways. Go away, we have things to talk about. Shoo."

  "Tch, fine. P'Way, let's go..."

  "But-" Khet dragged Way out.

  "P'Kim... the reason why we couldn't switch back. I think it should be to make P'Way realise that he loves you. And also to make you admit it."

  "What? A-admit what?" Pan looks at me with a 'seriously?' face. "You love him, don't you? I've been thinking hard, why do all those bad things? You never wanted others' attention. So why? If not for his attention then who? You wanted him to notice you, so you did all those bad things. Forgive for saying this but P'Kim, it was stupid of you."

  "*sigh* Would he have noticed me if it weren't what I did though? He doesn't like me anyways... I think after this we'll just go back to being friends..."

  "Phi, if he didn't love you. Would he have asked you to be his boyfriend or even kiss you? Think very hardly, he loves you more than a best friend."

  "Okay, okay, I understand. What about you though? I've been watching all of you this whole time. I see how Khet treats you, flowers and food. Such a gentleman isn't he? He even learnt hairstyling for you. You're not going to give him a chance?" Ahah, she started blushing.

  "Give who a chance?" Oops, they're back. "Why are you two back? I told you to shoo away didn't I?" Khet only shook the bag of food while Way kept staring at me. I can't look at him, not because I'm shy of course.

----

  After we ate, Way dragged me back into my room. The doctor did a quick check up and concluded that I was well enough to go home. He told Way I probably fainted due to exhaustion.

  When we were at my door, I was just about to head inside but I felt my hand get held back.

  "Kim."

  "Hm? What?"

  "Are you going to answer me?" Answer what? I tilted my head.

  "What answer? What did you ask me?" He held up the football. "This. Where's my answer?"

  Ummmmmmm, this is too sudden... Can anybody get me out this situation?

  "U-um, what? I don't see anything. Isn't it just a football? You want to play football? Sure, but can it be tomorrow? I'm tired, I'm sure you need to head home too. I-I'm just going to- mmph!"