Chapter 1

Harry

It was only 9pm and I was already exhausted. The energy of this Met Gala was so much more erratic than last year, but it made sense why. The world had defeated a pandemic only a month earlier, with the help of educated political leaders listening to the scientists of the world. We were finally allowed to live our lives like normal, which was of great relief. I was sitting with my back against the bar watching everyone wait for the grand speech of the hosts when she caught my eyes.

Tall, tan, and an absolutely stunning face draped in long wavy locks which were partially covered by a satin scarf. She was dressed in what seemed to be an ode to traditional Italian dressing, something from the tip of the boot, maybe Calabria. I say ode only because it would have been a grandmother's worst nightmare. A tight black floral embroidered corset hugged tightly against her chest, emphasizing her figure eight figure. The only loose thing was her billowing sleeves that hung off her shoulders, only securing tightly at her wrist. The rest of her dress clung tightly to her body, only separated by a long slit that came up to her torso. The skirt of the dress was also covered in the same embroidery, and it seamlessly flowed back into the corset. The dress sent the message of the common man, yet it was easily worth $15,000 or more. The pearls that accentuated her neck balanced perfectly with her golden brown skin, and helped bring the whole look together.

"So you've found someone who's caught your eye mate?" I turn to my left to see Zayn and Gigi coming towards me.

"What are you talking about, I'm just enjoying the party goers." I smirk back.

I had decided to lean more into the 1970s era, dressing in a red suede bell bottom suit, and a very loosely buttoned white shirt underneath.

"Ah yes the party goers, what a coincidence that one of the finest is standing right in your line of view." Gigi instigates. Her and Zayn were both dressed in modern takes of Palestinian and Pakistani traditional wear respectively.

"I'm just enjoying the energy of the crowd, let me live in peace!" I state whilst taking a sip of my whisky. Right when I believed I could switch the conversation from me to them, my second favourite instigator sat beside me.

"Well hello everyone, what are we discussing?" Kendall asked cheekily. She smoothly grabbed a glass of chardonnay from the passing waiter, taking a sip whilst waiting for my answer. We had decided to coordinate and both wear 70s fashion. Somehow she had gotten a hold of Cher's 1974 Academy Awards outfit, but she looked absolutely stunning.

"Well,' Gigi exclaims before I have a chance to speak, 'Harry was checking out Antonella before we stopped by. I think he, you know, likes her." The biggest grin grew on her face as she finished her sentence.

"Isn't she gay?" Kendall loudly whispered, the sincerity in her voice made almost spit out my drink. However it would be my luck to fall for a woman who just so happens to only like women.

"What would make you think she's gay? At the most she's female leaning, not like we have the right to you know, label." Gigi retorts.

"Why? Look at her right now!"

We all turned back to the dance floor to see her and Bella being the only two people actually dancing. Bella's back was flush to Antonella's front, with Antonella's arms wrapped around her waist, Bellas gently laying over hers. Only to add fuel to the fire was that Antonella looked as if she was whispering sweet nothings into her ear and Bella, with her eyes closed, grew a soft but blissful smile on her face.

"Kendall, I know you aren't speaking when you and Bella were 'travelling' besties, cuddled up on every beach last summer." Gigi fires back, taking a swig of her water as if to signify her point. Zayn and I both stared at each other listening to the two girls go back and forth, trying to hide our laughs.