The Vanishing of Will Byers

Will POV: in the basement of my best friend mike wheeler, at the moment we are playing D&D also known as dungeons and dragons. The best game EVER! "Something's coming. Something hungry for blood" mike says "a shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness" he continues. Dustin rubs he's nose. "It is almost here." He replies to himself "what is it?" I reply "what if it's the demogorgan" Dustin replies to me. My back hits the back of the chair. "Oh, Jesus were so screwed if it's the demogorgan" Dustin freaks out, "it's not the demogorgan" Lucas says. "An army of TROGLODYTES charge into in the chamber!"

Mike yells "troglodytes?" Dustin questions "told ya" Lucas says, we all chuckle a bit. "Wait a minute" mike says softly, that catches everybody's attention. "Did you hear that?" Mike questions "that... That sound?" "Boom boom.. BOOM!" Mike yelled as he slammed the table. "That didn't come from troglodytes. no, that... That came from something else" he's says. Everybody looks at eachother in confusion. "THE DEMOGORGAN" mike yells. Everybody grunts "uhh's" "uggh's" came from Dustin and Lucas and will. "We're in deep shit" Dustin tells everybody "will you action!" Mike snaps "I don't know" I say scared "Fireball him" Lucas snaps back at me.

"I have to roll a 13 or higher" I say even more scared.  "Too risky. Cast a protection spell" Dustin replys "don't be a pussy. Fireball him!" Lucas says again
"Cast protection" Dustin says "THE DEMOGORGAN IS TIRED OF YOUR SILLY HUMAN BICKERING, it stomps toward you, BOOM!" Mike yells "fireball him" Lucas insisted. "ANOTHER STOMP BOOM!" he yells again "cast protection" Dustin insists again. "HE ROARS IN ANGER" mike yells "fireball's" from Lucas "cast protection's" from Dustin all filled Will's tiny mind, and could only take so much at one time.

"AND FIREBALL!" I yell. "Oh, shit" I hear someone yell as the dice rolls off the table. "Where'd it go?" Lucas says jumping up from his seat. "Where is it" he continues "I don't know" I reply back at him. "Is it a 13?" Dustin says back at the two boys. "I don't know" I say again. "Where is it?" Lucas countines looking "oh, my God" Dustin freaks out and paces back and forth. "Mike!" I hear Mike's mom yell. "Oh, my God oh, my God" Dustin repeats himself over and over.

"Mike!" His mom yells again, "can you find it yet?" Lucas asks "no , I cant" I snap at him. I hear the door to the basement open. "Mike!" I hear his mom repeat herself one last time. I can hear Dustin keep repeating himself "oh, my God oh, my God". "Mom , were in the middle of a campaign" mike yells at his mom "you mean the end? 15 after" she says. I see mike run up to his mom. "Oh my god freaking idiot" Lucas says. "Why do we have to go" I say while Mike's running. I hear him and his mom bicker at each other. While the rest of us are still trying to find the dice. While Dustin is still freaking out me and Lucas are the only ones trying to find the die. "Lucas where is it" I yell "I can't find it, I don't know" he says. "Oh, I got it" I yell. "Does the 7 count" I ask Lucas "it was a 7?" He questions, I shake my head yes. "Did mike see it?" He says I shake my head no "then it doesn't count" he says again.

We all put our coats on knowing we have to go. Me and Lucas hit the half way point at the stairs when Dustin ask "yo, anybody want this" he asks holding up the pizza box "no" me and Lucas say the same time continuing going up the stairs. we walk into Mike's garage but only me and Lucas and mike. "Where's Dustin?" Mike asks "I don't know" I reply he then comes out the door and says "there's something wrong with your sister" oh great went to see Nancy again.
"What are you talking about" mike says sounding frustrated. "She's got a stick up her butt" Dustin says while getting on  his bike "yeah" Lucas replys "it's because she's been dating that douchebag Steve Harrington" Lucas says. "Yeah, she's turning into a real jerk" Dustin says again. "She's always been a real jerk" mike yells at him."nu-uh she used to be cool" Dustin says while all of us agree. "Like that time she dressed up as an elf for our elder tree campaign" Dustin says. "Four years ago" mike yells while they  drive away. "Just saying" Dustin says "later" Lucas yells. I watch them drive away and then say "it was a seven" "huh" "the roll, it was a seven" mike still looks at me confused "the demogorgan, it got me" I say to refresh him again. I grunt trying pedal away "see you tomorrow" I say.

I drive away and hear he's garage lights flicker. We hit Dustin and Lucas road. Then comes Lucas's house "goodnight , ladies" he says "kiss your mom goodnight for me" Dustin asks Lucas. "Race back to my place? Winner gets a comic" Dustin asks "any comic?" I start to pedal faster "yeah" I start to pedal even more faster "hey! Hey!" Dustin yells at me trying to get me to slow-down. But I didn't. "I didn't say "go"" he yells at me "get back here" he yells again but this time I don't stop. "I'm gonna kill you." I reach his house and say "I'll take your x-man 134" and start to pedal back to my place. As. Driving away I hear Dustin say "son of a bitch" I giggle to myself and smile.

As I drive past the Hawkins lab. My bike light stops working. Werid I thought. I see this black thing growl at me. I turn off road. And hit the ground and run to my house I get inside, it's still following me. The door lock starts opening. I run to castle Byers and grab a gun and point it at the door. The I hear a "grr" I turn around and there it is I mouth "please, please don't hurt me" then the light goes bright.  Now I'm in this dark dark scary place.

1063 words :)